Our partner

Micro Psychotic Episodes

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Micro Psychotic Episodes

Postby ANewBeginning » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:36 am

My psychiatrist and therapist have determined I have micro psychotic episodes. Breaks from reality. I hallucinate and etc. Has anyone else experienced this?
Seroquel- 100mg, Lamictal- 300mg, Trazadone- 300 mg, Trileptal-1200mg, Gabapentin-1200mg
PRN- .5mg Xanax
ANewBeginning
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:33 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Micro Psychotic Episodes

Postby mbritt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:07 pm

This actually happens to me every now and then. It only happens when I'm under extreme stress or very anxious about something and it usually builds up to a full on panic attack.
I either dissociate and experience derealization and depersonalization OR I have times where I heard things that didn't make any sense (scratching and demonic growling) and I get really paranoid that someone is watching me or after me.

Never any visual hallucinations unless I drink too much or smoke above a certain limit of weed. In those situations anything is possible. I hear things and voices that aren't real and I have seen things and talked to people who aren't really there so I have to be careful and stay away from going overboard.
mbritt
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby justagirl00 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 am

I don't hallucinate but I do have paranoid delusions that come and go. They are not totally divorced from reality though but are usually triggered by some real event, and mostly have to do with thinking people are trying to harm me in some way, either directly or indirectly.
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:33 am

Postby ANewBeginning » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:38 am

Thank you both for responding. I havent fully grasped what this means but you have helped me better understand. The word psychotic scares me more than seeing someone with half their face ripped off.
Seroquel- 100mg, Lamictal- 300mg, Trazadone- 300 mg, Trileptal-1200mg, Gabapentin-1200mg
PRN- .5mg Xanax
ANewBeginning
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby Lady Fey » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:43 am

I tend to have dissociative episodes more often, but I do get some pseudopsychotic experiences like feeling that somebody is looking in through my window, becoming obsessed with the idea that I'm being watched.

With certain levels of weed or way too much stress, I start to "hear" people talking. They never make any kind of sense, and will come up with nonsense sentences that I can usually only "hear" part of. I put "hear" in scarequotes because I don't experience it the same way I would experience a person actually talking to me. It's like when a real person talks, I can feel the vibrations, but when it's in my head I only hear it, not feel it.

Some of the things the voices say, despite being total nonsense, still sound vaguely violent in nature. Incidentally, I'm kind of trying to quit weed and avoid stress.
Lady Fey
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post