Our partner

marilyn monroe a bpd?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

marilyn monroe a bpd?

Postby soulsearch » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:01 pm

i am wondering what ddeehopes or anyone with knowledge and insight thinks about marilyn monroe. do you think marilyn monroe was a borderline or was she an hpd? or both? i originally thought that she was hpd but now i am wondering if i was wrong.

in the book "Lost In The Mirror" by Dr. Richard A. Moskovitz there is a chapter called 'candle in the wind' and one paragraph says...

"Elton John's characterization of Marilyn Monroe as a candle in the wind captures the essence of the borderline personality. She is an elusive character lacking in identity, overwhelmed by a barrage of painful emotions, consumed by hunger for love and acceptance, and careening from relationship to relationship and impulse to impulse in a desperate attempt to control these feelings."

do you know if she ever had a diagnosis?

thanks...
soulsearch
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

found an answer

Postby soulsearch » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:36 pm

i found an answer to my own question at crimelibrary.com. in regards to marilyn. after her break-up with arthur miller --->

In the ensuing year and a half, she was in and out of psychiatric clinics seeking treatment for her diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. Marilyn was also being treated for her severe addiction to barbiturates and alcohol, which she used as a vehicle to escape the severe emotional pain she suffered.
soulsearch
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

found an answer

Postby soulsearch » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:37 pm

i found an answer to my own question at crimelibrary.com. in regards to marilyn. after her break-up with arthur miller --->

In the ensuing year and a half, she was in and out of psychiatric clinics seeking treatment for her diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. Marilyn was also being treated for her severe addiction to barbiturates and alcohol, which she used as a vehicle to escape the severe emotional pain she suffered.
soulsearch
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum