Our partner

will you have sex with me ---TW---

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: will you have sex with me ---TW---

Postby creative_nothing » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Human is a social animal.

######6 complete stranger is not natural. Monogamy happens in some species, dont think it applies to human specimen.

The concept of fatherhood was created together with agriculture and animal husbandry. Before that, man protected the hunter-gatherer pack. Woman had sex with different man within the pack, and probrably didnt associated the fact of pregnancy with the sex they had months before. Animal husbandry permited this knowledge.

Now thousands of years of evolution may change some habits. I dont now if monogamy is something deeply rooted at DNA.
Dx. GAD
In the animal kingdom, the rule is, eat or be eaten; in the human kingdom, define or be defined
Thomas Szasz
creative_nothing
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Rainbow191292 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:22 pm

I probably wouldn't, no, because I like to get to know a person first. Besides, I'm in a happy relationship already. :)
Rainbow191292
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:30 am

Postby AmorousDestruction » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:24 pm

creative_nothing wrote:Human is a social animal.

######6 complete stranger is not natural. Monogamy happens in some species, dont think it applies to human specimen.

The concept of fatherhood was created together with agriculture and animal husbandry. Before that, man protected the hunter-gatherer pack. Woman had sex with different man within the pack, and probrably didnt associated the fact of pregnancy with the sex they had months before. Animal husbandry permited this knowledge.

Now thousands of years of evolution may change some habits. I dont now if monogamy is something deeply rooted at DNA.

There is no "natural" and "unnatural" with sexuality. It is completely culturally constructed. That's not to say that we don't have hormones and sex drives that change the nature of our sexual interest, because obviously we do. That's what makes us animals. Yes, we are social creatures, but we are also, like all other creatures on this planet, trying to reproduce.

A good example of this would be the Na, who have (or had depending on the area and level of Westernization/the force of the Chinese government) no concept of paternity or marriage. They are a matrilineal society and children are cared for by the mother's family. Cultures of Homo sapiens have been aware of the connections between sex and pregnancy. It wasn't this novel idea that was discovered after the agricultural revolution.

Monogamy is not rooted in DNA, as shown by functional, non-monogamous societies. It's a Western tradition that has become ubiquitous through the spread of Christianity and other universalist religions.

-- Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:25 pm --

angelinbluejeans wrote:All humans are 'judgmental' to some degree...

That's an incredibly #######5 argument.

I HATE THE GAYS! Oh but everyone is judgmental so....
Dx: Crazy bitch
AmorousDestruction
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:30 am

Postby angelinbluejeans » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I did not state that being judgmental is appropriate, but just that it is common to human nature...It is all too easy to sit in judgment of others, criticizing their faults and questioning their motives...but we really should not be quick to judge others in matters that really do not concern us or that are of lesser importance. Our imperfect nature can cause us to so easily render unfair judgments. Many attitudes and motives—including prejudice, injured pride, jealousy, and self-righteousness—can distort the way we see fellow humans. We have further limitations, and reflecting on these should restrain us from being quick to find fault with others. We cannot read hearts; nor can we know all the personal circumstances of others. I am just saying that all humans have this to some degree and, therefore, we all need to work on this... lol I think that this got way off topic...sorry, A. D. for whatever lol
'do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it' "To love well is the task in all meaningful relationships, not just romantic ones"
angelinbluejeans
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:30 pm

Postby WendyTorrance » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:23 pm

^^^
Word!
WendyTorrance
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 am

Postby AmorousDestruction » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:42 pm

angelinbluejeans wrote:I did not state that being judgmental is appropriate, but just that it is common to human nature...It is all too easy to sit in judgment of others, criticizing their faults and questioning their motives...but we really should not be quick to judge others in matters that really do not concern us or that are of lesser importance. Our imperfect nature can cause us to so easily render unfair judgments. Many attitudes and motives—including prejudice, injured pride, jealousy, and self-righteousness—can distort the way we see fellow humans. We have further limitations, and reflecting on these should restrain us from being quick to find fault with others. We cannot read hearts; nor can we know all the personal circumstances of others. I am just saying that all humans have this to some degree and, therefore, we all need to work on this... lol I think that this got way off topic...sorry, A. D. for whatever lol

This is something that you should have said. Not "everyone is judgmental so...", which really read as a passing "f*ck you ,I don't care".

We may all be judgmental of others but some of us decide to keep our mouths shut instead of trying to make people feel bad. In your comment you implied that people who had sex without falling in love were acting like animals. You also placed yourself in a morally superior position by saying "am I just too picky?". You pretty much knew you were being rude and then decided to be ruder by passing off my comment calling you out on it. When it made you look bad you decided to go on a whole spiel about how being judgmental is bad and everyone should try to be less judgmental in order to cover your rudeness, despite your recent slut shaming comment.

I decided to keep my mouth shut before about the level of intelligence of someone whose username is made of Train lyrics. Sorry for being a bitch. At least I'm capable of admitting when I'm being a bitch...or for whatever. lol. :)
AmorousDestruction
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby angelinbluejeans » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 pm

I never wanted to make anyone feel bad. I merely stated what I feel, as you do also. We both are guilty of being somewhat rude.....right?
'do not hold back good from those to whom it is owing, when it happens to be in the power of your hand to do it' "To love well is the task in all meaningful relationships, not just romantic ones"
angelinbluejeans
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby AmorousDestruction » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 pm

angelinbluejeans wrote:I never wanted to make anyone feel bad. I merely stated what I feel, as you do also. We both are guilty of being somewhat rude.....right?

I really thought I was being as gentle as possible trying to point out that your comment was rude and I felt that you just responded back to me with a ruder comment. I don't think that it's appropriate to express how you feel about someone else's behavior when it doesn't impact you and no one is being hurt. I think Im-Pure responded quite nicely with "I don't have sex outside of relationships" rather than pointing to someone else's behavior as wrong or less acceptable. Like I said, we see things differently and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't understand the need to equate sex with love at all, but it's not my business and if it's what works for someone and makes them happy, I'm not going to criticize it.

But I'm far too good a mood to let myself get aggressive. And I have, in fact, been very rude. I generally don't respond well to being flippant when I provide a serious response. With the invalidating parents and all. But it's a silly thing to get rude over.
AmorousDestruction
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby madjoe » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:08 pm

<les impuls controle than most ppl here it seems
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:30 am

Postby angelinbluejeans » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:14 pm

Yah....take care and I wish you the best with your new modelling position. And have fun. Be careful, too. Many girls wish they had your opportunities. ..
angelinbluejeans
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum