Our partner

What are you like when you are drunk?

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: What are you like when you are drunk?

Postby cosmosenthusiast » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 am

When I'm drunk, I'm usually very bubbly. I space out a lot, but everything seems laughable and I feel very light emotionally. It slows down my thinking a lot, so I'm definitely not as overwhelmed. I feel like more of a person, honestly. People like talking to me and being around me when I'm that way. I'm lucky that I'm underage and can rarely get ahold of alcohol, otherwise I could see it becoming another addiction! The effects are completely amazing in my experience.
cosmosenthusiast
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby AmorousDestruction » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:09 am

I'm a $lutty or sad drunk. At my drunkest, I've either ended up spending the night sobbing with friends trying to console me or trying to sleep with as many people as possible.

In small amounts, I'm just more outgoing and friendly and come out of my shell, but any more than that and it's a disaster.
Dx: Crazy bitch
AmorousDestruction
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:05 pm

Postby minimuh » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm also a very slutty/sad drunk but I'll also get really happy one second and super sad the next, and I'll be looking for someone to hook up with.. Once I have a bit of alcohol I'll want more and it rarely stops till I have to go home or till I'm sleeping at someones place.. If I can't get any more alcohol for whatever reason I'll get depressed and sometimes suicidal, and once I can feel the alcohol starting to wear off I'll also get suicidal. I've only tried to kill myself once while drunk though, but I'm depressed every time I can feel the alcohol wearing off :( When I can feel the effects the most I'm always super happy, fearless and I almost feel complete, and it feels like I'm at the right place and I want it to stay that way forever and the next second I feel so empty, thinking about how these feelings will eventually go away, and that's when I feel a need to find a one night stand or go to one of my booty calls, cause I start to feel so alone and it seems like the only way to make the sadness go away.. It's like this every time not drinking at home >.<

When I'm home though I still want more alcohol once I've started, but I'm very different when I'm at home and drinking.. At home I don't feel like I have to find someone to sleep with, I just want to relax and keep the buzz mildly going untill I'm getting sleepy, and I'll sleep like a baby without overthinking everything like I usually do before going to sleep.. Occasionally I'll get that lonely feeling but it's mostly when I'm out and drinking..

So yeah.. Alcohol has a power over me like nothing else I guess.. I haven't tried a drug that will ever make my feelings more intense than when I'm drinking..
minimuh
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:05 pm

Postby Cubby46 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 am

If I am in a reasonable mood beforehand I become overly confident, flirty, risk-taking, bubbly. If I am in an angry mood or I have been holding in anger or stress beforehand I become very self-absorbed in my conversations and obsessive, then after a while I usually get violent and occasionally blackout drunk and assault people (lucky for me nobody has taken it personally so far and forgave me immediately). If I was depressed beforehand I just get more and more severely depressed, cry a lot and spiral into suicidal thoughts.

The problem isn't alcohol, the problem is how much I consume, it magnifies my emotions and mood with each drink.. I know my limits but sometimes I just don't care. I have drank so much alcohol before that my whole night was remembered as one big acid trip and have been hospitalized. Getting drunk isn't as much fun when you make an ass of yourself.. or throw up all over yourself, smack your head on the edge of a table corner and blackout choking on your own vomit... pee your pants while unconscious... doctors telling you that you might need a new liver this time...

Cheers :D *clink*

-- Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:48 pm --

If I am in a reasonable mood beforehand I become overly confident, flirty, risk-taking, bubbly. If I am in an angry mood or I have been holding in anger or stress beforehand I become very self-absorbed in my conversations and obsessive, then after a while I usually get violent and occasionally blackout drunk and assault people (lucky for me nobody has taken it personally so far and forgave me immediately). If I was depressed beforehand I just get more and more severely depressed, cry a lot and spiral into suicidal thoughts.

The problem isn't alcohol, the problem is how much I consume, it magnifies my emotions and mood with each drink.. I know my limits but sometimes I just don't care. I have drank so much alcohol before that my whole night was remembered as one big acid trip and have been hospitalized. Getting drunk isn't as much fun when you make an ass of yourself.. or throw up all over yourself, smack your head on the edge of a table corner and blackout choking on your own vomit... pee your pants while unconscious... doctors telling you that you might need a new liver this time...

Cheers :D *clink*
Diagnosis: Depression, Anxiety, OCD, PTSD, Anger Issues, Cyclothymia Bi-polar, Borderline Personality Disorder.
Cubby46
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:05 am

Postby littlerbear » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:25 am

Goofy, fun, more relaxed,giggly, less likely to argue with white wine; Sleepy from red wine; whiskey makes me want to fist right, stay away from the whiskey.
littlerbear
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby green m+m » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 am

Fist fight? :lol: I only ever drank whisky. I hate beer.

I'd also like to add I don't go around beating people up, per the NPD board. I need to get off of here tonight. :lol:
green m+m
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

Postby Cheze2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:46 am

I'm usually the flirty/bubbly/silly drunk, who is increasingly sexual, though sometimes I will also just be quiet and be very "in my head." It really depends on the night. I don't think I've ever gotten the sad drunk.
Bipolar I with Psychotic features; Borderline Personality disorder; GAD
Today's cocktail is: Quetiapine 100mg; Latuda 40mg; Trilafon: 8mg
Forum Rules
"No matter how long the night, the dawn always breaks" -African Proverb
Cheze2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lolidk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm kind of like a stereotypical douchebag guy when drunk, except
I'm female, so there's that. :lol:
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby loveismyresistance » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 pm

lolidk wrote:I'm kind of like a stereotypical douchebag guy when drunk, except

I'm female but I'm curious as to how you define a stereotypical douchebag guy. :?:
DX: Borderline Personality Disorder

“The Law of Attraction states that whatever you focus on, think about, read about, and talk about intensely, you’re going to attract more of into your life.” --Jack Canfield
loveismyresistance
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:05 pm

Postby lolidk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 pm

loveismyresistance wrote:
lolidk wrote:I'm kind of like a stereotypical douchebag guy when drunk, except

I'm female but I'm curious as to how you define a stereotypical douchebag guy. :?:

Loud, obnoxious, somewhat aggressive.
DX: NPD
lolidk
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views