Our partner

Abilify and BPD / depression

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Abilify and BPD / depression

Postby Martijn » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:50 pm

I feel like $#%^. Depressed, not like crying, but nothing can make me happy. Dont know what to do. The only reason is because i'm preoccupied with negative thoughts. Normally I was happy.

I need another AD.

Anyone ever been on a low dose of abilify? For a lot of people SSRI's dont work, but abilify seems to work for a lot of people, standalone or more when added to an SSRI (according to drugs.com -> http://www.drugs.com/comments/aripipraz ... ssion.html)

I also saw this for borderline:

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread78880.html

I have been on the drug Abilify for 3 months now. It has been incredible for me.
There is NO OTHER drug available currently on the world market which has such a good profile at potently modifying the response of specific, important Serotonin receptors. Abilify is currently one of a kind in its overall effects.

I have not lost control of my emotions a single time, I am not depressed or anxious, and my tolerance to stress and "provocation" is massively higher than before I went on the medication. And there have been all sorts of big dramas to test me! Indeed even if I have barely slept and I am woken up- I still am in emotional control!

Just a week before I went on the medication, I had a huge angry spastic at my housemate, and we were fighting a great deal. They were about to move out. Since I have been on the medication, we have not had a single fight in 3 months.

I have been on many, many different medications in the past, none of them were helpful. Honestly probably about 30 different medications in my lifetime.

Anyone? I need to get out of this depression. :-( I feel very very sad.
Martijn
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Abilify and BPD / depression

Postby Martijn » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:49 pm

No one?
Martijn
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:07 am

Re: Abilify and BPD / depression

Postby pixiekate » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:09 pm

I was on Abilify for a while but I was also on sodium valproate, fluoxetine, mirtazapine, lamotrigine and clonazepam at the same time, so I don't know that it had any kind of anti-depressant effect. I was put on it as a mood stabiliser with a view to reducing the sodium valproate, but I didn't tolerate the side effects too well so I came off it. I can't remember what happened too well but I know it made me very twitchy and shaky. And in terms of what that person you quoted was saying, I didn't find that - I was pretty manic and getting some really unpleasant violent impulses and unwanted alien thoughts and sensations. But that could have been anything, it wasn't necessarily caused by that but it def didn't stop it. I definitely didn't feel more in control on it. I don't get on with antipsychotics, but everyone's different. The best antidepressant I have come across so far, for me, is mirtazapine (it's atypical). I don't tolerate SSRIs very well, they do nothing for me in terms of depression and at worst they send me into a raging manic kind of depression, so mirtazapine was a revelation for me. It does make you fat, though. I haven't tried the old tricyclics, either. But if you think it's worth a try, go for it. It's pretty spacey at first, just to warn you, it made my pupils really big and I couldn't see properly, and I became ultra-suicidal just after starting it and then flipped to manic but again, I don't know if they were linked. So make sure someone is keeping an eye on you, and I wouldn't advise taking it unless it was a last resort, but that's just my experience.
pixiekate
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 am

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post