Our partner

Before you click "Submit"...

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Before you click "Submit"...

Postby Casper » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:51 pm

...please think about whether or not you want the world to know what you're about to say.

There are forum rules that prohibit mods/admins from deleting posts and threads in all but the direst circumstances. Even then, we need authorization from up on high, first.

Before you ask, no, "my boyfriend and I were split at the time, but we're back together now and I don't want him to see this" is not dire enough. Nor are "I was drunk/high", "I was sad/angry/confused" [circle all that apply], "aliens made me" (barring evidence, of course, of a real Marvin the Martian with a real discombobulator aimed at you), or most other explanations for impulsive, late night posts.

Yes, there are reasons for this, some technical and some non. However, my current signature says it best, I think. "We don't delete posts for a simple reason - the big boss said so. He can ban me and you can't, so he wins."

So, before you post, click "Preview", and read it over. If it still looks good, and you're sure that's what you want to say, then, and only then, click Submit. Mods are permitted to ignore requests to delete posts, so re-read your thread twice, if you have to!

Respects,
JB.
Casper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Before you click "Submit"...

Postby FluffySocks » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:01 pm

So true. Unfortunately, I know I've been guilty of this one in the past and have seen others go through it as well. It's so tough to moderate your words when you're in the middle of an emotional situation.

It's a shame that there isn't a private board or forum available just for those kind of days. Thanks for all that you do on here Johnny. :)
FluffySocks
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby green m+m » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:30 am

I second that thanks JohnnyBlaze! It's a tough and thankless job keeping everyone in line around here.... :D
green m+m
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am

Postby Im-pure » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:31 am

Thanks for this post, i usually try to think before i act but im gonna use this is a sticky in my head for other places too :wink:
Im-pure
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Postby Casper » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:45 pm

I should probably note that this does technically apply to all sections on this site. However, as this area is my primary concern, I just mentioned it here.

I know that, sometimes, this system can suck, and I apologize for that. However, as a member, I know what it's like from the other side, too (and no, I haven't deleted any of my own posts), so I have to be just as careful as everyone else. It ain't easy being green.

Just didn't want anyone thinking I was getting any unfair advantages, here.
Casper
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post