Our partner

Random moodswings out of nowhere. Possible trigger.

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Random moodswings out of nowhere. Possible trigger.

Postby CrimsonFire » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:25 am

Does anyone else get these?

Like when I'm idle (wasting time but not focused), I start thinking about things and then it just escalates (more and more thoughts) and I end up in tears; then I rage; then if I can find something to distract me, I end up all happy like nothing ever happened. If it gets bad enough, I also cut. And it happens almost every day, I hate it.

Why does this happen and what can I do? I decided to come on here and try to find a similar post, but didn't and signed up because I just really needed to get this out of me and hopefully get some insight.

Surely I'm not the only one who gets this... I'm trying to avoid the moodswing. Because really, it happened out of nowhere and I don't want to think about things that make me feel so negative. Is me avoiding this making it worse? Or is it a good thing? I'm so confused.

Sorry if my post makes no sense, I'm just kind of frustrated and sick of feeling like this. Would really appreciate some input on the matter.
CrimsonFire
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Random moodswings out of nowhere. Possible trigger.

Postby Ain't that the truth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 am

It sounds to me like you may want to do something about the being idle, and presumably alone. Volunteering in a field you enjoy? An emotionally enriching effort, instead of a throwaway distraction. The quality of what you are occupying your time with may help regulate your emotions.
Ain't that the truth
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm

Postby CrimsonFire » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:10 am

Ain't that the truth wrote:The quality of what you are occupying your time with may help regulate your emotions.
<- I so agree with this. If it's say, a game or an article I'm very interested and can get lost in, I obviously don't have time to think about bad things. They only come to me when I'm not concentrating. But when I'm alone, I feel less motivated to do anything and I lose interest quickly in things I pursue solo. However, it does make me feel better when I cheer others up or do something for them which I know will please them. Key point being other people, lol. And the volunteering idea is another good point; I'll look into that. Thanks so much, "Ain't that the truth". Things become clearer when seen from a different viewpoint. :)
CrimsonFire
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby 0sundayt0saturday0 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 am

I don't really have any good advice but just wanted to say you're not alone, I can relate to this a lot. I think Ain't that the truth is right though, the quality of what you do definitely affects the mood swings. Even if I just do something that's vaguely productive like going to classes or something arty, it helps a bit because at least I feel like I've done something rather than being annoyed that I'm wasting time on a video game.
0sundayt0saturday0
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby BleedingHart » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Pff. I've only been at work for three hours and I'm going through moods like crazy. I was pretty happy on the way in. And since then I've been through rage, depression, and hopelessness. I've cried a couple times this morning as well. Definitely feel the urge to cut, but will get a new tattoo instead. ###$ everything right now.

Yeah, you're not alone...
Borderline, androgynous, anxiety, symptomatic PTSD.
BleedingHart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

Postby CrimsonFire » Mon May 19, 2014 3:46 am

Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for your responses. I didn't see the replies 'cause they're linked to a different email from my main. I'm having the same issue again the last 2 days, and again no idea why. Hopefully it passes. Also BleedingHart, I like the fact you picked a tattoo over cutting. God knows I get tempted to do it as well, hopefully we can all resist the urge. Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate your input. :)
CrimsonFire
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jaus tail » Mon May 19, 2014 11:29 am

my mood swings started around 2 years ago.

how are you in remaining time of day? when you're not idle, how are you then, are you with people with whom you enjoy hanging out...

i was surrounded with people with whom i wasnt getting along at all and everything was formality. i guess that's what caused the mood swings when i was idle.
exhausted
jaus tail
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post