Our partner

Post your victories

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Post your victories

Postby BleedingHart » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm hoping this will bring some positivity into the discussion forums. I know sometimes these have to be pointed out for us, but feel free to post any victory, no matter how big or small that you've had over your condition. Whether you've fought off an impulse, made it through a depression episode, or are just feeling really good. Please mention anything!

I'll start:

My sister and niece returned home after living in Florida for the last 14 years. Since then, I've become very attached to their company (they live with me). My sister has had a great deal of trouble finding work and has been talking about returning to Florida and taking my niece with her!! No, no, no no no no NO!!!! The abandonment started sinking in immediately. Instead of doing something drastic to keep her from going, or booting her out of the house and telling her to never talk to me again, I got her a job with my company. She's staying now! Yay!!!

I know this wasn't entirely selfless, but if you can be selfish while helping someone out then it still counts right? :P
Borderline, androgynous, anxiety, symptomatic PTSD.
BleedingHart
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Post your victories

Postby peaklite » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:45 pm

Girlfriend liked someones photo on a website. Instead of crying and thinking she's going to cheat and leave me, I realise that she has liked a couple of guys photos, and she also likes my photos, so she obviously isn't attached to all of them. I repeated a mantra in my head to push out the thoughts and didn't get as angry as usual.
Figuring out what's wrong with me
peaklite
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am
Blog: View Blog (187)

Postby Im-pure » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:46 pm

My greatest victory is that i now wait before reacting.
Im-pure
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 pm

Postby Roeligan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:46 am

I survived over 23 years in this ######6 hellhole without blasting my ######6 brains out
25y
Dx: BPD, ADHD
Roeligan
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Postby overthink » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm

My victories in the past weeks have been:

-Leaving a job I wasn't happy in
-Seeing my therapist and surrounding myself with loving and supporting friends and family
-Leaving an unhealthy relationship even though it was so hard to
overthink
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 am

Postby splat » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:16 am

Roeligan wrote:I survived over 23 years in this ######6 hellhole without blasting my ######6 brains out

lol, i have a bullet to prove that way doesn't always work!
BPD, Dis-associative D
Chronically depressed kiwi
splat
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Postby Roeligan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 am

splat wrote:
Roeligan wrote:I survived over 23 years in this ######6 hellhole without blasting my ######6 brains out

I'm a pretty good shot
25y
Dx: BPD, ADHD
Roeligan
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Postby Windup_Creeper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Escaping (most of the time) the victim mentality. Been in talk therapy for a year and soon to be in DBT.

It took choosing to love (rather than waiting to be loved) and enduring unrequited love for a young woman with bipolar disorder type II and possibly RAD. Importantly during this I experienced my first euphoric mania, which drove me to weigh Love and Choice in my mind quite a lot.

Also apologizing to my therapist. It was...both easy and hard to do? I decided it was the right thing to do so i chose to do it, then I noticed my words were moving toward taking it back. When i made myself shut-up, because i couldnt make words go in a different direction, i felt what an angry thwarted child might feel if his false professions of innocense were pointed out for what they are.

Not seducing my best friend. Ive noticed an unfortunate aversion to being loved WELL. The threat of it has made me do needlessly hurtful things and strange things. Though the most recent instance may have been more about making someone else feel hurt, rejection and betrayal i didnt let myself feel most of the time.

An odd trick that always gives me words that i could not purposely find.

Noticing that I edit my emotions and not getting mired in the old "What Do I Really Feel?!" game. It is actually useful for avoiding blowups and lets me set asside, for a time, emotions that would cripple my ability to act constructively.

And for now i can only feel 'real' when im alone and i just accept non-judgementally whatever i feel, even if that is only the 'presence of abcense.' This needs work. if i can FEEL more reliably i'll more often notice the 'giddy cruelty holding a mask over its face' and the 'subtle cuts to bleed you enough to satisfy that roll off the tongue as naturally as rain falls'.

bleh. the feelings associated with this are confusing. and i am hypomanic despite the meds.
Windup_Creeper
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:30 am

Postby splat » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:09 am

Roeligan wrote:
splat wrote:

I'm a pretty good shot

point blank, yup. i hit a 2mm wide bone ridge, anywhere else would have done it.
BPD, Dis-associative D
Chronically depressed kiwi
splat
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Postby Skttrbrain » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:28 am

peaklite wrote:Girlfriend liked someones photo on a website. Instead of crying and thinking she's going to cheat and leave me, I realise that she has liked a couple of guys photos, and she also likes my photos, so she obviously isn't attached to all of them. I repeated a mantra in my head to push out the thoughts and didn't get as angry as usual.

Aww are you me? I just barely made a post about some FB issue I was having. This is something I would def struggle with if it were to happen.
Skttrbrain
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 am

Next

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post