Our partner

HELP! Visions,voices,night terrors, insomnia & the devil*TW*

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: HELP! Visions,voices,night terrors, insomnia & the devil

Postby justagirl00 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Oh my goodness, that sounds scary as hell. I think you should talk to your doctor. They cannot lock you up against your will unless you are a threat to yourself or others. Just having these hallucinations doesn't make you a threat. It sounds like something you need to have assessed by a doctor though for sure. Please talk to your doctor.
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby SHESHELL04 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

I am seeing a councillor tomorrow so I'm going to mention it all too them, I will keep you all updated
SHESHELL04
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 am

Postby Cheze2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:54 pm

I hope everything goes well. Definitely keep us posted.
Bipolar I with Psychotic features; Borderline Personality disorder; GAD
Today's cocktail is: Quetiapine 100mg; Latuda 40mg; Trilafon: 8mg
Forum Rules
"No matter how long the night, the dawn always breaks" -African Proverb
Cheze2
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 am

Postby SHESHELL04 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Hi all,
Just to update you all, the counciling went really bad I ended up getting angry & walking out. I shown her my diary (of the voices & pics that I've drawn of the hallucinations)
Before that tho I told her she wouldn't be able to help and I was only seeing her to make my dr happy. She got me to talk about my anxiety which I did she then told me to count to 10 and deep breathing etc to which I laughed and told her that I've had counciling since I was 5 and even then they was telling me to punch pillows etc! Her face was a picture! She then asked me if I thought she could help me that's when I shown her my diary screaming at her that if she could stop all of that in my diary then she can help but I know you can't!! She looked stricken by what I was experiencing and did not speak one word to which I walked out more angrier & upset. Anyway a few days after my dr called me saying that the councillor had been upset & worried about me. I had a talk to my dr who wants me to see the psychiatrist again so I'm just waiting on a call.

A few nights ago though I had a really bad episode! My partner had to squeeze me to calm down I was hallucinating for a good 3+hrs with the voices actually coming from the hallucinations it was so real I thought "he" had really come for me (the monster in the pic) he's a black devil. I've now gone back on mirtazipine. Has anyone else been on these?

Hope your all safe & well xx shell xx
SHESHELL04
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Zerosum » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 am

Hey SheShell;

Sorry to hear things didn't go so well with your counselling. Sometimes it's hit and miss...and it's obviously a sensitive topic for you. When I brought up the scary visions and experiences I was having in my dreams to my dr she drew a blank and had no clue what to make of it and made me a referral to a sleep disorder clinic to get to the bottom of it as I was just as frustrated as you....

I'm on Mirtazapine, 15mg at night. I've been on it since the beginning of June and it's the only thing that's helped to keep my moods in check. However, I feel they may have to up the dosage as I didn't sleep until very late last night, and I'm usually out within 30 mins of taking it ( I'm on the fast dissolve tablets)....only complaint: increase in appetite leading to weight gain (my psychiatrist told me the higher the dose, the stronger the appetite). I've stumbled into the kitchen, eyes half open eating dry cereal out of the box in the middle of the night I'm so hungry...reaction varies from person to person....I just cut out alot of the garbage I was shovelling into my feedhole, but I do still indulge now and then. If I don't, I'll just binge eventually.....

Keep smiling....xox...
"Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself." Anaïs Nin.
Zerosum
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 am

Postby justagirl00 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:21 am

It is no wonder you are under so much stress/anxiety, with the hallucinations you have been experiencing. Of course it is going to be extremely difficult to talk about. I hope your pursue the counsilling, try to relax yourself as much as possible before the session so you will hopefully be calm enough to talk about it.
justagirl00
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 am

Postby SHESHELL04 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi Zerosum,
The mirtazipine I was in 30mg, I'm now off them.

I seen the psychiatric nurse last night. I have now been given Comunity mental health team and I have to see the psychiatrist every week as well as seeing or speaking to my psychiatric nurse everyday. I'm am also going to be put on antipsychotic drugs. They say I fall under all 3 clusters of BPD with psychosis too. I will be under both primary and secondary health care services with many treatments. I will be under them now in defiantly with 24hr care. I will also be having CBT aswell as other treatments. My psychiatric nurse who is my key worker will be coming out to me every week I'm unsure of how many days a week but I will get atleast phone calls everyday. I have sketched a few of my hallucinations for them to see I also keep a daily diary. He also said that its good I look after myself by keeping my self harm wounds clean & dressed. He is coming out in the next few days to draw up a care plan for me. He agreed that counciling won't help me at all it's nowhere near intensive enough for me. I'm just glad that I'm starting to get the right help, I will keep you all up to date. Stay safe xx
SHESHELL04
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Yorkshirelass » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Counsellors in the UK I've found are often young people with not enough knowledge or experience to deal with more serious issues.

I was offered counselling for my depression which I refused, it would not do any good at all. I'm pretty sure the counsellor would have been way out of her depth.
I friend of mine saw a counsellor a young girl, for severe OCD. My friend tried to explain how she felt but all the councillor said was "Wow, that's amazing". No help at all.

Anyway you now have the help you need that's the main thing.

Keep us posted x
Yorkshirelass
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cate68 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:36 pm

I just wanted to give my hugs and support to you. What you are experiencing sounds serious. I would do some extensive research on this and get help that is qualitative and empowering.
One of the greatest blasphemies is the taking of one's freedom of thought, dictating matters of the heart and the theft of another's personal peace.

Everyday I live is an act of rebellion.

Maverick-a dissenter, an artist
Cate68
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (266)

Postby bare_mig » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Mirtazapine 30 mg does not help me at all..Plus I have a huge appetite due to it..Last night I took 2 pills 30 mg twice and was sleeping like a rock but was late for colledge(((

-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:30 pm --

Cate68,what happened last night to you and yr daugher? have u writen about this in another thread? have not seen it..
Broken English spoken perfectly))
bare_mig
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

PreviousNext

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post