Our partner

BPD with anger and paranoia issues.

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Casper

BPD with anger and paranoia issues.

Postby jkimbo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:28 am

This still bothers me a lot in addition to my regular border triggers, I get paranoid a lot, not the kind where I think people are plotting against me, but that they are just talking about me and that gets me angry. It's really hard for me at work because I have to control it. I don't want to say any thing and jeopardize my job. I've slipped a few times and the risk was almost worth it seeing the expression and fear in their face. Any other borders feel this way at work?
You've stolen my heart, but that's okay because I have three more back home in the freezer!
jkimbo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: BPD with anger and paranoia issues.

Postby bcm » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:31 am

I feel this way in general; mostly in social settings with 3 or more people and family gatherings. My anger can get out of control.
bcm
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Postby jkimbo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:33 am

bcm wrote:I feel this way in general; mostly in social settings with 3 or more people and family gatherings. My anger can get out of control.

me too, what makes it so unbearable for me is I have to hold back at work!
You've stolen my heart, but that's okay because I have three more back home in the freezer!
jkimbo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby bcm » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:11 am

jkimbo wrote:
bcm wrote:I feel this way in general; mostly in social settings with 3 or more people and family gatherings. My anger can get out of control.

me too, what makes it so unbearable for me is I have to hold back at work!

Have you tried meditation? Breathing exercises helped me with my anxiety in high school. You can listen to meditation tracks while on your lunch break.
bcm
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:18 pm

Postby Cate68 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Meds help.

Walking away helps.

Breathing helps.

Sometimes, taking a break and going for a walk or getting a cup of coffee can help you calm down. I do that a lot.
One of the greatest blasphemies is the taking of one's freedom of thought, dictating matters of the heart and the theft of another's personal peace.

Everyday I live is an act of rebellion.

Maverick-a dissenter, an artist
Cate68
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 am
Blog: View Blog (263)

Postby jkimbo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 pm

Yup I do all that, and I'm pretty good at holding back at work. I just HATE holding back and it does wear me down. I work in a very professional environment and all it could take is one serious rage fit and I'd be history.

It effects my concentration in my work because I'm still thinking about what ever set me off. For my job I need to think quick and multi-task. Meds would slow me down. Amphetamines helps me do my work, but makes it harder holding back rage. I just cope the best I can. I'm glad I found this fourm tho. It does help me.
jkimbo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Cate68 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:05 pm

At home, I really have to rest. Sometimes, the energy spent in controlling myself or dealing with people who are mean really takes its toll.
One of the greatest blasphemies is the taking of one's freedom of thought, dictating matters of the heart and the theft of another's personal peace.

Everyday I live is an act of rebellion.

Maverick-a dissenter, an artist
Cate68
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 am
Blog: View Blog (263)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post