Our partner

BPD and MDMA, immune to mdma

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: BPD and MDMA, immune to mdma

Postby aetienne » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:24 pm

DayTripper wrote:NEVER EVER mix anti-d's and MDMA!! It commonly leads to a serotonin syndrome. Be careful!
I took mdma a couple of times, it worked for me.

Your username seems to be aptly appropriate for this thread.
aetienne
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby rainbow_sprinkles » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:43 pm

according to everything I've read on the topic, people who take mdma while on antidepressants either can't get high, or get high for HOURS. not being able to get high seems to be more common though. because the antidepressant is already affecting your serotonin in basically the same way that mdma does.
rainbow_sprinkles
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:30 am

Postby DayTripper » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

aetienne wrote:
Your username seems to be aptly appropriate for this thread.

I have to admit I am quite a stoner, indeed :mrgreen:

Anyway, the fact is that anti-d's generate serotonin, and the mdma makes the brain release it. So, if you have too much serotonin because of the anti-d's, it will result in an overload of serotonin in your brain, that has severe consequences.
DayTripper
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

Postby minotauros » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Pot only made me hungry and mellow. Outside that, no high nothing. I felt pressure into faking feelings others felt while high, but I knew I was faking it. It made everyone but me high. It was me and 3 other people smoking.

No clue why it didn't effect/affect me much.
Live life by the horns, or die wishing you had.
minotauros
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 am

Postby katana » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:20 am

minotauros wrote:Pot only made me hungry and mellow. Outside that, no high nothing. I felt pressure into faking feelings others felt while high, but I knew I was faking it. It made everyone but me high. It was me and 3 other people smoking.

No clue why it didn't effect/affect me much.

similar, minus the hunger.
katana
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby HopeU » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:40 am

I've noticed in the past that using cocaine while taking antidepressants made me feel like I was having anxiety attacks rather than euphoric. I don't know if that's related or not, but medications could play a role in being unable to feel your high on MDMA.
HopeU
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am

Postby hurricanee » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:18 am

The bad thing is that I knew about serotonin syndrome at the time of taking the pills, and yet I still did it because I just didn't care. Theres one of the many examples of my recklessness right there. I did feel like I was faking my high at the time when I took the E, so I can totally relate with minotauros on that one.
On the subject of pot,it makes me really paranoid about the people around me which leads to the said people getting pretty frustated with me. Also, I find that it always leaves me really spacey and a bit stupid for about 1 to 2 days after a session, which is annoying.
hurricanee
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:15 pm

Postby madjoe » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:31 am

drugs and alcohole don't do jack for me
i'm not against it
and i won't say no if someone offers
but it does not really seem to work on me
(never did)
madjoe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby wheresscotty » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 pm

It made me normal.

About 200mg of pure MDMA with an 30mg SSRI made me feel like a person, with emotions, and attention.
I knew about Seretonin toxicity, but I was so frustrated I would do anything to be normal. Even if it killed me. Its the only thing that actually worked to just level me out, and feel like I could manage my life. The funniest part is I had to keep raising the dose until I finally hit a magic number and I was a human being. I had absolutly no side effects from it except having trouble sleeping and having trouble maintaining erection, but when girls won't even talk to you when you are manic, is that such a big deal? I wasn't using it anyway. I have ADHD, OCD, ODD, GAD, and BPD. This fixed it all, I cried a little bit from the joy of feeling like a person again. To bad its illegal. :|
wheresscotty
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 am

Postby k91 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Hey, I also have BPD and after taking MDMA it had little positive effects on me. I didn't experience upsetting or depressive symptoms but became extremely introverted and barely spoke (almost like I had shut down). On alcohol I'm the complete opposite, hyper, very sociable & fun. I wondered if anyone had experienced the same?
There were a few other environmental factors:
New location
Boyfriends friends (not my own)
Didn't like the music
..As BPD we are often highly affected by our environment and the people we are surrounded by. However I found it really interesting that the drug could not stimulate me to be sociable or even lively.
k91
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

PreviousNext

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post