Our partner

Talking to oneself, blurting out insults

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Casper

Talking to oneself, blurting out insults

Postby Lelaa » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:43 am

This is what my father does throughout the day and it drives me up the wall. Out of nowhere, he'll blurt out an insult that me or my mother are both crazy nutjobs, etc. Or talk to himself about how crazy we are and how he can't wait to get away from us or get rid of me. He does this several times a day, EVERYDAY. When I'm home I try to wear headphones so I wont hear him. Talk about misery loves company. Is this typical behavior of someone with Borderline Personality Disorder?

My mother is completely resistant to it. It doesn't seem to phase her at all.
Lelaa
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Talking to oneself, blurting out insults

Postby Casper » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 am

No, it's not a typical trait of BPD. We'll generally inflict misery upon someone if we've been hurt by them, but it's most often aimed at the person who hurt us. We don't usually go around hurting others for no apparent reason, and not with that frequency.

Borderlines are very fragile people. If we were to accuse others of being crazy that often or talk about getting rid of them, we'd be deathly afraid that we might be putting the ideas in their heads to do the same to us; a twist on the self-fulfilling prophesy. Frankly, that's the last thing we'd want.

Whatever it is that your dad's going through, I hope he gets it figured out. It's obviously hurting you, and I'm sure it's hurting your mom and dad, as well, even if they aren't showing it. Nobody should have to wear headphones to protect themselves in their own home. :(
We don't delete posts, for a simple reason - the big boss said so. He can ban me and you can't, so he wins. There's more to it, but that's the only reason that matters.
Casper
Moderator: Consumer
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post