Our partner

Question about Transactional Analysis and BPD

Borderline Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Question about Transactional Analysis and BPD

Postby PourMe38 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 am

I know a person with BPD who has an inflated CHILD and an inflated PARENT. He seems to function with his ADULT to his circle of friend but the real him is impulsive and primarily pleasure seeking. He was also brought up in a strict environment and he has a military personality even though he was never in the military. I am thinking a father figure influenced this. This person is very anxious a lot and is ridden with guilt and he tries to compensate for it by helping others (preferably women) with psychology he learned from self help books books. He is selective about who he helps but at the same time he breaks others down with his hate issues. What I am wondering is is how can his CHILD and PARENT be both equally dominating? When the PARENT is dominating the CHILD and ADULT a person is guilt ridden and has feelings of inferiority but he has feelings or superiority and feelings of inferiority at different times.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” ~Charles Darwin~
PourMe38
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:57 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Question about Transactional Analysis and BPD

Postby ShakyCore » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:02 am

How is that possible? Welcome to the world of BPD ;).

My therapist explained to me that it comes from having a fragmented personality. The different fragments can take turns at being dominant (or fight each other over it, as it were).
Gratitude can heal most wounds.

(What can I say… I don't like the word "all")
ShakyCore
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:57 am

Re: Question about Transactional Analysis and BPD

Postby PourMe38 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks ShakyCore. That makes sense to me. This person is the type that wants what he wants on-demand caring about no one but himself and yet he is at times anxious and guilt ridden and both are extremes exactly as if his mind is in an unconscious conflict. This person is also a dangerous person because he has serious anger issues especially directed at women and he plays cruel jokes on people, even innocent people because of his irrational thinking, refusal to understand others struggles, and closed mindedness, but he can be the best friend to his circle of friends and from what I have noticed, some of his male friends are like him in regards to having very little to no respect for women. They say that people who functions primarily with their CHILD are considered the psychopaths of our society but I am confused by his PARENTS equal involvement.
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.” ~Charles Darwin~
PourMe38
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:57 am

Return to Borderline Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post