Our partner

Head sizes / shapes

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Bilbo Baggins

Head sizes / shapes

Postby ErichFranz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 pm

I was wondering if any knew the average sizes of heads.

One of the things I hate about my face shape is that it is too short and squaty.
I've always wanted a tall narrow head shape. Sort of like this:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z188 ... haal_5.jpg

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has any info on this.
ErichFranz
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Head sizes / shapes

Postby Chucky » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm not sure what the average is, but some people just have narrower skulls than others. It's the cheek bones that determine this. I have wide cheek bones, which makes my face look more round than others. You shouldn't worry about the shape of your skull though... ...the great thing about life is that things aren't the same everywhere you look. If we all had the exact same shape of skull, how boring would that be? Please try to be appreciative of your body. It's obviously difficult sometimes to see the same person in the mirror every single day, but it's possible to freshen yourself up by changing your hair-style or wearing different clothes.

I seriously doubt that there is anything wrong with how you look, ErichFranz. I know only too well, however, how easy it can be to see the 'bad' things when we look in the mirror. A thing I try to remember is that perfection is simply non-existent. If you look around you, there is nobody who is truly perfect looking. We are all different. The problem when we look at ourselves in the mirror is that we magnify the slightest of imperfections.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Postby ErichFranz » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:18 am

Chucky wrote:I'm not sure what the average is, but some people just have narrower skulls than others. It's the cheek bones that determine this. I have wide cheek bones, which makes my face look more round than others.

Me too.
ErichFranz
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Chucky » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 pm

...and why do you not like that? I think that a rounder face is interpretted as more friendly and 'cuter'. I used to hate my look when I was in my teens. I don't know what age you are exactly my friend, but I'm 27 and now recognise that I have a babyish look that some girls like.

...they say that girls who want to settle down go for the rounder-faced guys, while those looking for a 'fling' go for the more manly/masculine faces. This is obviously a generalisation though.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby smartie » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 am

You aren't talking about head size as much as you are face size.

I have an issue with my hair, so I've been looking into wigs. Wigs can come in different sizes, so most of those sites include how to measure your head. I read that 80% of wigs come in size average. Whatever those measurements are, tells me that 80% of people's heads fall within that range. You measure from the nape of your neck, behind your ears, and to the front of your natural hairline. I shouldn't have measured my head, because I found out my head is smaller than petite. I always thought my head was small like a pinhead, but that sure confirmed it for me.
smartie
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:25 pm

Postby Savvy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 pm

I've always noticed that in photos my face and head are slightly larger than most people's. But it's never bothered me. BDD is just weird like that isn't it!
Savvy
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Postby imperfect_butterfly » Sun May 09, 2010 7:02 am

Savvy wrote:I've always noticed that in photos my face and head are slightly larger than most people's. But it's never bothered me. BDD is just weird like that isn't it!

Yes it is like sometimes i see my face is round and then other times i see a nicely shaped slimmer face .. it really is weird.
imperfect_butterfly
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post