Our partner

I am completely restucturing my face in the next 4 months

Body Dysmorphic Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

I am completely restucturing my face in the next 4 months

Postby soccer7788 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 am

I am giving treatment one last chance- I will meet with doctor Katharine phillips and get her opinion before proceeding with surgery.

My surgery will consist of the following:
1) temporal implant & forehead implant
2) Lateral cheekbone implants
3) jaw and chin implant
4) rhinoplasty and septoplasty
5) completely new haircut
6) Get up to 180 lbs and <10% body fat

I have battled bdd for the past 10 years of my life..my concerns being that my face looks too small/skinnyish. I am done...I will never get those 10 years of my life back ever again. Its time to start living...enough is enough.
soccer7788
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I am completely restucturing my face in the next 4 months

Postby Nothinglasts » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:05 am

I have to say you're completely crazy to be getting all of that. Cheekbone implants often look poor cosmetically (as for a forehead implant? wtf), and the other procedures are all liable to go wrong. Getting all of that surgery is like a gateway to suicide, I would bet money on it leaving you devastated. It's next to impossible for all of that surgery to go right, especially in someone with BDD. You'll look like a cosmetic surgery victim.
Nothinglasts
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:11 am

Postby Mishima70 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:15 pm

My ex had a rhinoplasty (she did'nt have BDD) but she greatly regretted it. Here post operation nose was nice though.

You should really think this through. It might cause more problems than it solves.

You probably already look good. It's the attitude and perception that has to change, not your face.
Mishima70
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 am

Postby soccer7788 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Nothinglasts wrote:I have to say you're completely crazy to be getting all of that. Cheekbone implants often look poor cosmetically (as for a forehead implant? wtf), and the other procedures are all liable to go wrong. Getting all of that surgery is like a gateway to suicide, I would bet money on it leaving you devastated. It's next to impossible for all of that surgery to go right, especially in someone with BDD. You'll look like a cosmetic surgery victim.

On the contrary actually, I have been in touch with someone who has had majority of the procedures I listed for the same concerns I have, and I can say with certainty his post surgery aesthetic outcome is a striking improvement. When changes on a structural level are made they are very dramatic.
soccer7788
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby G-Olli » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:55 pm

PLEASE, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT DON'T GET YOURSELF CHEEKBONE IMPLANTS!
Of course this is your decision, I'm just giving an advice, cheekbone implants look absotelly unnatural and ugly gonna make you hate your face forever, there are some temporary acids so you can try and if you dislike at least they won't last too long
G-Olli
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:11 pm

Postby Nothinglasts » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:34 pm

Sure, I guess it's theoretically possible that you could have an acceptable result after all that but I'd say it's very unlikely. Unless you have a miracle-worker doctor - in which case I'm interested to know who it is. I've seen some dramatic and effective results from South Korea involving extensive face restructuring but I don't think I've seen a good result on the scale you propose.

That guy has had well over 100 procedures and I don't think he looks good at all. For instance his cheekbones look puffy and bulky. Out of interest, can you give a photographic example of a good result similar to what you plan, please?
Nothinglasts
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:11 am

Postby soccer7788 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Nothinglasts wrote:Sure, I guess it's theoretically possible that you could have an acceptable result after all that but I'd say it's very unlikely. Unless you have a miracle-worker doctor - in which case I'm interested to know who it is. I've seen some dramatic and effective results from South Korea involving extensive face restructuring but I don't think I've seen a good result on the scale you propose.

That guy has had well over 100 procedures and I don't think he looks good at all. For instance his cheekbones look puffy and bulky. Out of interest, can you give a photographic example of a good result similar to what you plan, please?

Sure, pm me and ill show you a before and after.
soccer7788
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby soccer7788 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:01 pm

G-Olli wrote:PLEASE, DO WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT DON'T GET YOURSELF CHEEKBONE IMPLANTS!
Of course this is your decision, I'm just giving an advice, cheekbone implants look absotelly unnatural and ugly gonna make you hate your face forever, there are some temporary acids so you can try and if you dislike at least they won't last too long

This is the ONLY one that I am 50/50 on, your advice is pretty legit and well noted regarding cheekbone implants. Most cheekbone implants look pretty unnatural, but mine will not be the standard type if I get them. They will be custom made and strictly placed on the zygomatic arch to give the face width, not forward projection as most cheekbone implants provide. Having said all this however, I may try fillers first for the cheekbones.
soccer7788
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Postby margharris » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:07 pm

This is just so sick. You have a doubting disorder. It has attached to your appearance so you doubt all of it. You don't recognize the doubt because it is well hidden behind all the stories you have created. Your stories try and explain your level of concern. You are just looking for certainty. You have identified flaws but in reality the flaw resides in your brain. You can't see that so you find something tangible to project the doubt and concern on. You look in the mirror to see it. We all have imperfections that we have to tolerate. A BDDer believes they can be in control of how they look. They believe that a surgeon can give them the look they see in their minds eye. They don't have to learn tolerance at all. That is just for suckers and weaklings.
But plastic surgery is a brutal business. We either don't notice the result or believe it is botched. So shortly after the procedure, you will notice your doubting brain fires up. It will hone in on some insignificant detail. Maybe that is a flaw. You go searching for it again. Yes, it is still there. Tomorrow that is all you see. Devastation. You react with catastrophe. It is botched. And your doubting brain has succeeded in ruining your life again.
If you havent properly sort treatment to address your BDD as a doubting, fear stories,catastrophic panic reaction then you haven't really dealt with it at all. It is still there. No surgery can fix that.
Marg
margharris
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (78)

Postby soccer7788 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:19 pm

margharris wrote:This is just so sick. You have a doubting disorder. It has attached to your appearance so you doubt all of it. You don't recognize the doubt because it is well hidden behind all the stories you have created. Your stories try and explain your level of concern. You are just looking for certainty. You have identified flaws but in reality the flaw resides in your brain. You can't see that so you find something tangible to project the doubt and concern on. You look in the mirror to see it. We all have imperfections that we have to tolerate. A BDDer believes they can be in control of how they look. They believe that a surgeon can give them the look they see in their minds eye. They don't have to learn tolerance at all. That is just for suckers and weaklings.
But plastic surgery is a brutal business. We either don't notice the result or believe it is botched. So shortly after the procedure, you will notice your doubting brain fires up. It will hone in on some insignificant detail. Maybe that is a flaw. You go searching for it again. Yes, it is still there. Tomorrow that is all you see. Devastation. You react with catastrophe. It is botched. And your doubting brain has succeeded in ruining your life again.
If you havent properly sort treatment to address your BDD as a doubting, fear stories,catastrophic panic reaction then you haven't really dealt with it at all. It is still there. No surgery can fix that.
Marg

Theres two components tonmy specific bdd
1) obsessive thoughts that cause anxiety/distress
2) breaking down when I look in the mirror.

I dont expect surgery to fix component 1. I will seek treatment and medication for that, but components 2 MUST be surgically fixed...I cant go the rest of my life never looking in a mirror or breaking down when I do.
soccer7788
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Next

Return to Body Dysmorphic Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post