Random Blog Entry
Emotions Anonymous: 12 Steps? No! by Remis Fargo on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:35 pm
The 12 steps are summarized by the American Psychological Association as follows:
1. admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion;
2. recognizing a higher power that can give strength;
3. examining past errors with the help of a sponsor (experienced member);
4. making amends for these errors;
5. learning to live a new life with a new code of behavior;
6. helping others who suffer from the same addictions or compulsions.
1. I admit that I have problems. I admit that I am weak and need help to help myself. That's just human. I am responsible for my actions. I am a clean amphetamine junkie. Emotions are not addictions. Again: emotions are just human. They are not supposed to be controlled.
"I can not control my emotions" So what? I admit my emotions do not fit to an adult here and now. And I am going to express them, validate them and take them where they belong.
2. A higher power, like Mom and Dad? Like the weather? Like my boss? Religion is the way society worships itself. (who said that? I forgot... ah, here: Durkheim! Thanks, Emile). A higher power can be benevolent. Or even not!
3. Oh, great, welcome to the guilt and remorse train! Enpowerment is on another track... Anyway, I know about my past faults. Skip.
4. Ok with it. Done so. And btw, I forgive you too. Don't call me late at night because you feel bad about what you have done to me. Just stay out of my sight as long as you know no other way but treat me as a prostitute.
5. Yes. Ok.
6. It is good to ask for help. It is good to offer help. Conditions are negotiable matter...
So. What exactly are you doing? You hide your feelings all day. You come here to tell the truth once per week. You do the helpless prayer to cover that you want to go on and on with this compensation game.
But what I like are the sharing rules: no inquiry, no evaluation, no advice. Greet, listen, thank.
0 Comments Viewed 2794 times
Registered users: Adam2907, Aeli, AgentSmith, Alexa [Bot], am4kds, Baidu [Spider], biancayagger, BiB, Bing [Bot], blueberrybella, bobbybobby, Brad818, CharlesTesy, CrazyRae, crystal_richardson_, cumulusjames, dezzah, dovahkiin, Elastic Heart, Exabot [Bot], flamingoreaper, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, gratteciel, homicidalideations, jipped, jw204, KINDNESSTHERAPY, Klrskies, lifetakenover, Littlecub7, LunarRise, Majestic-12 [Bot], Marcus555, margharris, Matthewreer, MSNbot Media, Naivasna, Nonameed, nottheroyalwe, Otter, powderpills, rainbow_sprinkles, RainbowKid, Riccola, road2recovery, ryanfox, Sad[kelvin], Secret, Selective, snaga2.0, Spearmint Nightmare, sprock, sunspots24, The Meowtrix-Za Boha, TheComedianDreamer, thedude90, Trafalgar Law, twistednerve, Tyler77, Violarules, Yahoo [Bot], Zixxy