Our partner

Saphris vs Latuda?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Saphris vs Latuda?

Postby crestfallen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 am

Hi all. I've been on Saphris for my bipolar/schizoaffective disorder for about a year and 2 months now. It's been a miracle drug for me really, my symptoms are nearly all gone now. I didn't have a problem with weight gain with a healthy diet and regular exercise which I was extremely happy about. However, I've noticed I've gained about 10 lbs just in the last 2 weeks. Has anyone had Saphris sneak up on them with weight gain...? I can't think of any other explanation, I've racked my brain, nothing has changed. Weight gain is my #1 concern. I'd lost 65 lbs after being on Abilify for years and I was really proud of that... I CAN'T start gaining weight again. :cry:

I would like to hear some experiences about weight gain on Saphris and Latuda. If Latuda causes little to no weight gain compared to Saphris, I might ask about switching to that.

Also, anyone know anything about stiff muscles and Saphris? I have a horribly stiff upper back and neck. I'm in constant pain and the only thing that can help me is Valium and I've built a tolerance to it, which really sucks. Has anyone else had stiff muscles on this? Anyone on Latuda have problems with stiff muscles?

I apologize if this sounds terribly jumbled. Any thoughts/experiences with these two medications would be greatly appreciated!
(I'd post this on the Medications board but it seems dead.)
crestfallen
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Saphris vs Latuda?

Postby crazymonkey » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 am

Saphris worked well for me, and quickly, but I had to discontinue due to incredibly quick weight gain. I gained about 20 lbs in a couple weeks, and couldn't lose it for 6-8 months. It sucked. Talk about depressing. I just started Latuda, and posted on here to see if anyone had any experiences with it but no one replied. I've been on Latuda for about 7 days, and I feel great. It is supposed to be weight neutral, and so far so good. I felt good within a few days, and I'm on 40mg per day plus 600 mg of lithium. Good luck, and let us know us you make out. I know Latuda is for schizophrenia, but is used off label for bipolar.
crazymonkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post