Our partner

How's Your Mood Today?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Re: How's Your Mood Today?

Postby Holodeck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:00 am

Jellybeanery wrote:
Holodeck wrote:Good news is I wasn't near as manic after therapy as I normally am.

Just out of curiosity.. how does therapy make you manic??? I mean.. mania lasts a long time, and therapy is typically every week, so wouldn't you be constantly manic?

OT: I'm good. I finally washed my bed clothes. Just relaxing.

Yup I'm an "ultra-rapid cycler". It's exhausting and sucks. Basically I don't have one mood that lasts ages, but rather a roller coaster every couple of days or so.

The worst part is my schizoid side doesn't like exhibiting or talking about emotion, so therapy winds mine up pretty easily. I had an ex who would abuse me when I reacted with either happy or sad emotions, so now I have to disociate hardcore around others so I don't feel anything till I'm alone...

My phobia to my own emotion is so bad I only in the last month or so learned I have meltdowns, because my brain was blocking them out. If it weren't for proof of meltdown messages I sent to friends and my boyfriend telling me he's witnessed a few I'd have no idea.

One good/bad thing is I now seem to remember them after having them (not the old ones though).
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby UpDownAround » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:22 pm

I feel good. Not totally unqualified good but close enough to just say "Fine. And you?" and not be totally lying.

Straterra is definitely having effect on my focus. It is different that stimulants which give you a motivating push; staterra helps you steer. Broad of mind and narrow of purpose.

My "center" is on the hypo side but not terribly so. I am sleeping a pretty solid 6+ hours a night with the saphris. I've been worse...
Up and down
And in the end it's only round and round

Pink Floyd - Us and Them

bipolar II, hyperacusis, substance use disorder
lamictal, straterra, saphris
UpDownAround
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:12 am

Postby David1999 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm

UpDownAround wrote:I feel good. Not totally unqualified good but close enough to just say "Fine. And you?" and not be totally lying.

Straterra is definitely having effect on my focus. It is different that stimulants which give you a motivating push; staterra helps you steer. Broad of mind and narrow of purpose.

My "center" is on the hypo side but not terribly so. I am sleeping a pretty solid 6+ hours a night with the saphris. I've been worse...

I wish I could be given a little prescription of ADHD meds :lol: . I'm currently zombified on Seroquel and eating everything in the kitchen. The appetite suppressing properties and stimulating properties must be a great counter to the sedative effect of bipolar meds in general?
I'm fine today.
Unmedicated perfection.
David1999
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 am

Postby UpDownAround » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm

David1999 wrote:I wish I could be given a little prescription of ADHD meds :lol: . I'm currently zombified on Seroquel and eating everything in the kitchen. The appetite suppressing properties and stimulating properties must be a great counter to the sedative effect of bipolar meds in general?
I'm fine today.

To stay on topic, another thing that makes me feel good is that in the last couple of days I completed my first month of sobriety since my troubles with adderall and alcohol. Those troubles are why I am on straterra, which is not a stimulant, at this time. Since the lamictal and low dose saphris (not sure I have been on it long enough to be sure, but) don't bring me below a slightly hypo state, just having focus is enough to help with attention deficit. BTW, there is an interaction between straterra and saphris that is one reason for a low dose; straterra somehow increases the effectiveness.

-- Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:49 pm --

Oh, about appetite question. A stimulant didn't overcome the affects of 150 mg of trazodone I was taking at night. I put on the feedbag.
Up and down

Pink Floyd - Us and Them

UpDownAround
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Sixoclock0 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Interesting to follow this conversation about moody affects of therapy sessions. I also get a funny hyper feeling after therapy. Often end up using it for a totally unnecessary shopping spree. All is in order! and I've got the cash!
Actually I don't lol.
Dx: Bipolar II
☆ In a world where you can be anything. Be kind. ☆
Sixoclock0
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am

Postby Holodeck » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Sixoclock0 wrote:Interesting to follow this conversation about moody affects of therapy sessions. I also get a funny hyper feeling after therapy. Often end up using it for a totally unnecessary shopping spree. All is in order! and I've got the cash!
Actually I don't lol.

^I do that too every time after therapy...
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am

Postby Jellybeanery » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:38 pm

This thread ate my post earlier.. I'm on 4 hours of sleep. :oops: I'm OK, considering.

ETA: You guys go shopping after therapy.. After my therapy sessions I go to the bar for a beer. :lol:
Bipolar I | GAD
Lamotrigine - 400 mg | Clonazepam - 1 mg

Jellybeanery
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:12 am

Postby UpDownAround » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Jellybeanery wrote:After my therapy sessions I go to the bar for a beer. :lol:

I have an appointment next Tuesday. Since I am on the wagon, you can go have my beer. ;)
Up and down

Pink Floyd - Us and Them

UpDownAround
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby bipolar123 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:09 am

I'm OK.

I see my Psych/therapist next week. I haven't seen her for a while because I wanted the higher lamictal to kick in.

I have been having hormonal stuff going on. Beginnings of menopause? I don't know. I have been mourning my Mother's death for a year.
bipolar123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 am

Postby UpDownAround » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am

A little spacey from staying up late (by choice) but my "new normal" low grade hypo with good focus. Misty eyed but not for emotional reasons; this med mix does seem to affect me that way if i am at all tired. Tinnitus and hyperacusis at high levels; almost wish I had a "mushy" keyboard.
Up and down

Pink Floyd - Us and Them

UpDownAround
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum