Our partner

How's Your Mood Today?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Re: How's Your Mood Today?

Postby Lanka » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:14 am

Oliveira wrote:
Lanka wrote:Figured I'd test the "avoid alcohol" clause of oxca-whatever, I don't have anything special to do over the weekend, so "increased sedative effects" aren't much of a concern. Took one when I woke up (like.. 3 pm. <.<) at evening I had half a liter of wine over few hours, no significant difference. Took the second. Few drinks while playing/chatting with friends. Still no significant difference..

I imagine there is a chance that the oxca-whatever simply won't work when you mix it with alcohol. (That was my experience with depakine + alcohol, nothing particular happened other than the fact it didn't work)

Eh, could be. The info sheet however makes it sound more ominous.

Still, I was told it'd make me sleepy. That only happen like first 2 days, now I'm not even drowsy anymore. I slept ~5 hours last night, after having hot bath at 2 am, and woke up sharp with alarm.. I imagine my brain went through "New drug? Yeeah, fine.." during the first days, then just countered&ignored side-effects completely. <.<
Rapid cycling BP II with side of anxiousness, mixed states and BPD/AvPD-traits.
Meds? Went feral. So far nothing has given me the equal of highs on daily basis.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
Lanka
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:18 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby voracious_lemon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Woke up my mom and next door neighbors screaming in my sleep last night. Immediately went into panic mode when I was alone. Have plans for lunch with an old friend so I'm sure that will go well. Perhaps I'll go to the gym later too. Just gotta keep holding on. My pdoc appointment is on Thursday and hopefully she'll be able to help with sleep.
All I saw was the Devil's soul
And it looked a helluva lot like my own
voracious_lemon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)

Postby BrainStorm » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Things are getting worse. My husband wants me to go to the hospital.
Living Well with Bipolar 1 Disorder
BrainStorm
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby turnaround » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:25 pm

My psychiatrist reduced my antidepressant dose last week because he thought my self-reports of bad sleep, elevated anxiety/suspiciousness and mounting irritability pointed to a brewing hypomanic phase. 7 days later and for the first time in 6 weeks I took the dog for a walk without snapping at her once. So that was a welcome change. A relatively small change, but at least my usual patience is returning.
CJ

Meds: Depakote, quetiapine
Diagnosis: Bipolar II

"Fasten your seatbelt. It's going to be a bumpy night"
turnaround
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

Postby MrNobody45 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Kinda trying and failing to improve my mood. I'm very low at the moment. Its hard to think straight and impossible to concentrate. This in turn makes me frustrated at work.
Love and Light
MrN
" It's all true
God is an astronaut
Oz is over the rainbow
and Midian is where the monsters live."
Peloquin, Nightbreed.

DX: Schizoaffective Disorder, Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorders.
RX:Valproate 1000mg, Quetiapine 800mg, Temazepam 10mg, Pregabalin 300mg
MrNobody45
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby voracious_lemon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Heard voices today bad enough to send me into a rage and panic attack. I was kinda hoping that my antipsychotic that has been working well for that would continue to work well. May ninjas protect me.
voracious_lemon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby BrainStorm » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:17 pm

voracious_lemon wrote:Heard voices today bad enough to send me into a rage and panic attack. I was kinda hoping that my antipsychotic that has been working well for that would continue to work well. May ninjas protect me.

We're having similar problems. May ninjas protect us both.

Still badly depressed with serious warning signs of psychosis/mixed episode impending. Emailed a crisis center, I'm afraid to answer their responding email with a call. My family has stepped in despite me asking to be left alone...someone is home with me 24/7. I feel so suspicious of them it doesn't help. I am self-harming and having thoughts that are too triggering for me to share here.
Living Well with Bipolar 1 Disorder
BrainStorm
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby rehtnap » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:47 pm

dont feel right. the mood stabilizer im coming off has got down to a point i dont think it has much effect on the mood.im still getting horrible withdrawl effects from the dam stuff and i hate the consultant for putting me through all of this.i can feel the mood changing.i dont know if i will go back to how i was before the s**t head consultant screwed me up,i know life will never be the same.ive been off work over a year,sectioned twice,had 4 suicide attempts,absconded from mental health wards 3 times only to be captured by the police and returned,to be left over the last 2 1/2 months trying to get off the drugs they said would help.the consultant didnt like me he let me get worse then when he couldnt win he ran away.ill haunt him forever he is a bad person.
rehtnap
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (98)

Postby voracious_lemon » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:49 pm

That was ###$ scary. I just went from 0 to 100 and back within about a minute. There is terrifying rage within.
voracious_lemon
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Oliveira » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:32 am

I was getting upset about my meds not working right and then I figured out it's not the meds that are the problem, it's the industrial strength painkiller I take for my wrecked back that's making me depressed. Phew.
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post