Our partner

Is this Bipolar or something else or a mix? Very confused

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Is this Bipolar or something else or a mix? Very confused

Postby Ms.Jolene » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:43 am

Ok let me start by saying a few things. I was told I was bipolar by my gp. I didn't get to explain everything to him and so after reading a million sites I'm not so sure what I may or may not have.

I'm easily hurt. You honestly can't say anything to me without hurting my feelings and I cry. You can be anyone that I know. If I don't know you chances are it will be complete rage. I cry all the time about the dumbest of things.

My moods are so rapidly changing. I can cry and be hurt by something small you did and 10 minutes later I can be "ok".

I form attachments to people easy but not everyone it's mainly my partner. They are the ones that can make me cry at the drop of a hat.

I have sometimes days of depression, that's not to say that I don't have happy or normal moments during that time cause I do.

I'm called lazy but I'm not I have the mental motivation to do things but I get side tracked and distracted easily. I also have a tendancy to leave it till later and then that later turns into to late or something else. I do great with lists. I see it and I feel accomplished when I get to cross one off.

I don't like to be around a lot of people it makes me annoyed easily. I hate going to stores and someone being in my way I get a complete attitude and rage and wish they would just get the hell outta my way.
I get annoyed at people easily all the time. If you bother me when I want to be left alone or if you interupt me doing something I get annoyed. Sometimes it goes to rage sometimes just severe annoyance.

I don't like people in general they never are good enough or they seem to be just plain dumb and I can't stand it. It's not to say that they are but that is how I feel.

I know theres is so much more that I can even think about it now.
So what do you think?
Ms.Jolene
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Is this Bipolar or something else or a mix? Very confused

Postby Ms.Jolene » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 am

I wanted to add more.

I am paranoid. I always think people hate me and are talking about me (sometimes they are). I always think my boyfriend is cheating on me or "talking" to other women.

I feel no one loves me. Even though people say they do, like my family, I don't believe it. I believe they would act different if they did.

Did I mention that I like very few people. I always find a way to hate them.

I have no friends. I can make them but can't keep them. They annoy me so I start to not call or I can't find things to talk about so I let it go.

I prefer to be alone. I like to go out places but not often. When I do want to go out it's usually with my boyfriend or alone. I just prefer aloneness.

I don't like loud stuff it makes me feel trapped. (unless i'm the one playing it).

I'm sure more will come to me later.
Ms.Jolene
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby SmileXx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm voting your'e not bipolar.
You should see a professional, though.
crimsonandclover wrote:Sometimes the greatest source is from within. And accepting whats in there.

veloruia wrote:We all have a bit of Smile in us.

onebravegirl wrote:Shine on and Smile on my beautiful 2D pal.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Ms.Jolene » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

I am trying to see a professional. Everyone has a huge wait list and it will be months before I can get in. Anyway I thought of more.

I checked into bpd and I do believe I have that as well as the Bipolar. I was laying in bed last night for 2 hours going over everything in my life from childhood. (as far back as I could recall which was 9 but it's very spotty) I couldn't fall asleep until I finished explaining my life (like I was talking to someone bu no one was there it was in my head not out loud). When I finally finished I was able to close my eyes and drift off but I kept waking easily.

I then started to think if I do have highs and lows. I do my highs are when I have been determined to keep a job and "start up my own company". I started up 4 on paper got everything needed but then a low came and I never touched it felt it wasn't right. I also get very very horny, for lack of a better word. There is no satisfaction when I have a high.

My lows of course are when I feel my worst. I feel like a loser like I never will accomplish anything that my life is over and I would be better off dead (not wanting to die just saying it would be better) This is when I want to be alone the most.

Thanks!
Ms.Jolene
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby SmileXx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:12 pm

I actually DO have BPD and BD.
It's a lot of emtional turmoil.
Your preferance of being alone is not indicative of BPD since the main staple of BPD is fear of abandonment. Loneliness can drive a BPDer into complete psychosis.
As for the highs and lows...
That's difficult because a normal emotional range experiences highs and lows... The difference is the extreme nature of a BPs emotional range. There is not contentment, just the peak of either end of the scales.

You sound more like you have an anxiety disorder than a mood or personality disorder.
It's hard to diagnose via internet, though.(I have 4 years of trainging if you're wondering why I'm brazen enough to try and tell you what you may have).
It's apparent that you're feeling an issue, but it's harder to get to the root of it here... you know?
I'd be happy to try and help you, though.
crimsonandclover wrote:Sometimes the greatest source is from within. And accepting whats in there.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ms.Jolene » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for the help. I can really use it. I had a rough childhood and only a rougher adulthood. Most of the real issues came out when I was about 18 (I'm 28) It has only gotten worse. I don't have a moment of contentment so to speak. I'm either down or up. My mood can change from the drop of a hat in a day but the main mood remains. Meaning I may be at a low but that might or might not make me momentarily happy if something happens. I don't know why I'm stuck on bipolar. I guess cause the gp said it so that is what I'm leaning towards.

I joined a site called moodtracker and the chart has made me see my daily highs and lows and how i'm feeling. I've also started writing a journal of sorts. I want to track my day to day stuff so that's why I did that. So far it's sad to say but I don't think it's just me I think the bf is aggrevating the situation. I can post it if you'd like.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Ms.Jolene
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby SmileXx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 pm

How would you describe this main mood?
Would you call it emptiness? Sadness? Loneliness? Unworthiness? Anger? Pick a term, any term, even if it's sushi or mosquitoes. In your own words... what do you feel?

You shouldn't get stuck on what a GP says. They're basing knowledge off of the minimal training they get in Med School.
They can infer only the most basic things.
My 4 years of training was in exclusively Abnormal Psychology, so while I'm a few math classes from a degree, I can at least swish it around in my head and tell you something a little more detailed.

It sounds to me like you might be suffering from a Generalized Anxiety Disorder, but then you mentioned the main mood that you say remains constant. That's what needs to be explored.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ms.Jolene » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm

By main mood I mean if I'm in the depressed period that would be my main mood. sadness and emptiness feeling like a loser. My main mood when it's (good) for lack of a better word is where i'm talking about marriage and more kids any future plans and my feeling like a loser isn't really on my mind.

I guess that would be how I describe it.
Ms.Jolene
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby SmileXx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:26 pm

It still strikes me as an anxiety disorder...
But again, it I'm not a professional.... and it's very hard to diagnose via internet.
There's all sorts of body language I miss and things.

Da Rulz
SmileXx
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Ms.Jolene » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:00 am

thanks for all your help though it helps a lot to be able to talk about it. :)
Ms.Jolene
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Next

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post