Our partner

Does this sound like bipolar?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Does this sound like bipolar?

Postby veryangrybob » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:39 pm

im 17 and About a year ago i tried to kill myself and was put in the hospital and what not and was really depressed. The reason i tried to kill myself is because i had a crazy bad anxiety disorder which i still have and i couldnt leave my house without taking around 4mg Xanax. At the same time i was hugely depressed and couldnt really explain why and it was so overwhelming i felt like i had no choice but to kill myself like an impulse sort of. Then as time went on i randomly just wasnt depressed anymore and i was actually kinda happy but the anxiety was still there but not AS intense. the happyness physically felt good like i just took like a tylenol 3 or something nothing huge but i liked it. then i just assumed that this was how i was suppose to feel now as time went on even further im starting to get depressed again for no reason at all and the anxiety is coming back but even stronger, I'm starting to fear things that even i know are stupid to think about like going outside and getting into a fight not because of the fight but because im affraid i might go to jail, also when i go shopping i always feel ready to fight because i am kind of paranoid of everyone else shopping as stupid as it sounds. i just assumed it was anxiety but i think it might be bipolar although ive heard moods switches from happy to sad at the snap of a finger which i dont really have. for 6 months i was happy and even euphoric and then now im feeling crappy all the time. before the feeling good phase i went through about 6 months of depression aswell. can it be happy 6 months and sad 6 months? also for a while even before anything happened to me ever or i started to get anxiety or depressed i always had feeling i might have ADHD but i wasnt like really hyper i just couldnt focus on anything or remember anything i would forget what was said to me like 5 minutes after and my minds going a million miles a minute most times but now i read that also might be a symptom. Also the reason i got on the whole bipolar thing in the first place and read about the illness is because when i was in the hospital they gave me drugs and i never really knew what they were and they had given me Risperidone which i heard is for bipolar and schizophrenia which im pretty shure i dont have, i stopped taking them cause they made everything seem really strange to me like i was really confused and i would wake up and be sweating and get sick and feel like i was somewhere else it was just strange and hard to describe.also this will sound really stupid and its kind of embaresing but i feel like i constantly have a feeling of dejavue that wierd feeling u get when u feel like uve been here before and it makes me really paranoid because i swear i thought of this whole situation im in before and now its happening and i just feel like im being watched on like a tv show. kinda like the truman show type deal wich sounds SUPER ridiculous and i have never told another soul about that because its really embarrasing and i dont think i will ever tell anyone that. but what do u guys think?
veryangrybob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:51 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does this sound like bipolar?

Postby Chucky » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Hey,

You failed to mention what you're actually doing in your life right now. I mean, is there a connection between something happening in your life and the 'low' feeling of mood? On that note, in bipolar I don't think there's any limit on the respective lengths of the high and low periods. Most obviously come and go within days, but i've heard about really long periods for each too. 6 months sounds rather excessive though, and I can't help but think that maybe your recent anxiety/depression is due to something else which happened in your life. There is also a parsitic infection which can cause such a trend in moods, by the way. It basically comes and goes every few months or even years and causes depression. I can't recall the name of it right now, but I can try to find it if you want?

Kevin

Edit - Have a look at Toxoplasmosis, which you might find interesting. That's not the particular one that I was thinking of though.
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Chucky » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Sorry, this is the one which I was actually thinking of (but I don't think it's what you have): Undulant Fever. It's a type of an infection by a bacterium called Brucella spp.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art ... lekey=9306
psychforums.com rules:

Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby veryangrybob » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:30 am

Right now im doing nothing just living at home and dont work or do anything just waiting to see a phsyciatrist wich isnt for another month at least. I would just like to be able to go into the phsyciatrist with atleast an idea of what might be wrong with me. and nothing has happened that triggers any of this it just happens. also when i first started getting panics it happened literally out of nowhere. was just waiting for the bus like i usually did everyday after school then i just felt really strange and thats the last day i went to school. i tried to go everyday following the bus experiance but i just couldnt. so theres really no trigger for anything im feeling at all and ive actually tried to find one but theres nothin.
veryangrybob
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Chucky » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 pm

You should try to get things moving more swiftly here, such as seeing the doctor sooner if you can. This is your life we are talking about and you are a very important person. We all have to stand up for ourselves and push through to get things done. Don't ever accept second-best while the chances of getting the best is still there. C'mon dude... ...don't fade away. There's still a lot for you to do in your life. The longer you do 'nothing', the more comfortable you'll get with your depression; and that's not a good thing.

Take care dude,
Kevin
psychforums.com rules:

Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post