Our partner

Pushing People Away?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: CrackedGirl, Oliveira, Cheze2

Pushing People Away?

Postby MissYou » Thu May 07, 2009 3:50 am

Hi, I'm new Here And Was Reading up on Bipolar Disorder, Was Wondering If Pushing People away is a classic sympton? I have been depressed lately , Wondering If Someone Important to me is Struggling With this?
Last edited by MissYou on Sat May 16, 2009 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissYou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:33 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby jasmin » Thu May 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Hi, MissYou! From what I've read on the forum and experienced myself, I can tell you that some people who have BD do push people away, but I'm not sure if it's a classic symptom. It could be a part of the disorder for some people.
How is this friend of yours doing? Are you ok?
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MissYou » Thu May 07, 2009 10:36 pm

I'm not doing so great these days, I cry alot. Its a long story but my friend and I are not as close anymore and its very hard for me to handle because I don't tell alot of people things , have trust issues and he was the one person I really could confide in and now its almost gone. We Will talk occasionally but it feels like he is pulling away and feels like one day we just won't talk anymore. I don't want that to ever happen, I would miss his friendship too much. He says he's ok, but Since we don't hang out so much anymore, I'm not sure.
Last edited by MissYou on Sat May 16, 2009 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissYou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Fri May 08, 2009 4:56 am

Is there any one you could talk to, to figure out what's going on with him, like a family member of his? Sometimes we try to avoid people that remind us of the past or of our problems, you're right. You could try to have an honest conversation with him and tell him you need him to be your friend. Maybe you could tell him that you won't expect him to do anything that he's not ready for..
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MissYou » Fri May 08, 2009 10:51 pm

I cannot tell anybody, That would be betraying his trust and I made a promise I would never tell Which I will Keep for life. I will keep that inside of me, He is a Close friend And I Want him to Always have my support, I do Worry alot so thats why when I heard about this wonderful site , I came here, because Its hard to handle, Sometimes I break down and then since no one can know, I am all by myself and I don't know what to do? How To Help? I Want Him To Know I am Always A Phone Call Away if He needs me. I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, I just worry I lost a real good friend and I'm not going to get him back. Oh and I also have feelings for him too.
Last edited by MissYou on Sun May 17, 2009 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MissYou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Sat May 09, 2009 5:23 pm

Well this site is here whenever you need to vent or put your thoughts in order. Do you think it would do any good if you tried to show him info about this condition? Offer him your support and strength too.
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MissYou » Sat May 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Thank You Jasmin, I am A Wreck over this because I am Worried for him . Your Kind Words mean So much. I have offered my support and Told Him how much I need him in my life , How he and his life are important to me. We have been romantically involved in the past, at the present moment he is seeing another girl, which is painful, but I am trying to continue my friendship with him and offer all the strength and support he needs. He Doesn't want to put me through stuff. He pulled away but recently we have been talking, So I was thinking of maybe approaching the subject again? Do You think its too soon to bring it up again? I'm not sure since I'm not his girlfriend if I have the right , but we have been good friends for yrs so I think that means something? Does This Make Sense?
Last edited by MissYou on Sat May 16, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissYou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby jasmin » Sun May 10, 2009 5:36 pm

You are making sense and, yes, you do have the right to try and help him. You can tell him about this site and send him some more info if you like.
I'm sorry he's seeing another girl. Do you think you could try to make some new friends, or at least one, that you could confide in?
jasmin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby MissYou » Tue May 12, 2009 12:22 am

Thank You Jasmin, Your helping me so much. We Used to be close and confide stuff in each other , me and him, and yes its painful he is with someone else, because I want to be with him as a gf, but him struggling and losing our friendship which is whats happening slowly is what I am really having a big problem with. I want to tell him about this site,its wonderful and could be good for him to see, but I'm scared too. He's private and I don't want him to get upset, I Know I haven't said much on here other than I really miss being his friend and being in his life but even that has me scared he may get upset. I value his friendship so much and its sliding away , that has me so sad.
Last edited by MissYou on Sat May 16, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissYou
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Masai » Tue May 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Ive been thinking about this, and i have a friend that suffers from rejection anxiety.

I would reject his girlfriend and puch her away just to see if she would come back to him, that classical case of if you love something, set it free. he would just do it forcefully.
Im not a complete bipolar idoit, some parts are still missing
Masai
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:33 am

Next

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post