Our partner

Please help.. :(

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Please help.. :(

Postby Bigguy2019 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 pm

This may not make sense to anyone, but I'm writing this to atleast get some comfort knowing this is just the way my brain is wired and maybe I can feel better. Ever since I was 15, I started seeing images in my head of strangers or people I know. They could be normal or even violent pictures, and they are very random. These pictures seem stuck in my head, and distracted me during school and carrying conversations with people. It was like this for 5 years, but for about 1 year and half, it seemed to go away and I had a normal life. I'm 24 now and these images have came back and it seems more severe. I don't hear voices. I have racing thoughts, as well as these images. I went to fanily who diagnosed me with OCD, and prescribed me Prozac. It didn't seem to work, so I went to a psychiatrist who diagnosed me with Bi Polar disorder. I've been prescribed Zoloft 100mg, Anafranil 50mg, and 5 mg of Zyprexa. I never thought about being bi polar, but looking back I've had mood swings like crazy. Are these racing images hallucinations, delusions? I just need to know theres hope. I'm not suicidal, I just am giving up on having a normal life.
Bigguy2019
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Please help.. :(

Postby big Anatoly » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Well if your thalamus isn't creating figures/sounds that are not there or sensations, it likely isn't a hallucination.
For me, I have NPD and have such "visions", often doused with the old red, so inherently violent images. I've described this in the past in the npd forum but it doesn't seem to be an exact symptom of anything really besides simply saying it's OCD. I think it has its roots in the unconscious and can occur in a plethora of types of people.
In my experience these visions are almost always a part of my daydreams, more like personal planning time, for Institutions and Schools and Governments I want to run. They are violent but don't seem to cause me distress.
Don't worry about having a normal life, such thing is a figment of the imagination or at least such a relative term that it may as well not exist, it's not a reliable term.
You'll be OK, if things do devolve and get much more unpleasant, it is the course of bipolar. Some can have psychotic elements or states, some can have hallucinations.
Try to sleep well and get the proper nutrition. Many people have such thoughtss or images. This is all I have for you now- take care.
big Anatoly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Please help.. :(

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:19 am

I would first take this information to your psychiatrist and let them know everything. They are the ones who know all about your history and could further help you find out what is going on.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (141)

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum