Our partner

How does this forum help you?

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Re: How does this forum help you?

Postby eterea107 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Oliveira wrote:When I got diagnosed I didn't receive any information on the illness. Not even a leaflet. So basically I came here screaming "WHYYY MEEE WHAAAT TO DOOOO HELP HELP HELP" and, miraculously, people provided that help and information.

Later I became a moderator and greatly enjoyed being able to pass that information further, so to say. Because I remembered how desperate I was for any help and that I got it. I've been able to post stuff here that I would not dare say to anyone in 3D and find others who would say "me too!". And the "You know you're bipolar when..." thread is hilarious and worth re-reading every now and then if like mine your memory is shot to pieces by meds.

It's also nice to see familiar names around and be all like yaaas kweeen let's do hugs! every now and then. :)

I tried another forum before I came here. I can't even remember what it was to be honest. But while this place was friendly, helpful and understanding, the other forum was more like "ah, a newbie, go cry in a corner or something while us adults discuss important stuff".

Just wanted to say you're a great presence here...II hope we support you as much as you selflessly support others. I've been a moderator before and it's a lot of commitment and sometimes you're giving a lot more support than you receive. It's fulfilling, yet you need support, too. I like that you post about how you are doing, etc.

I've been on other "psych" forums where the forums list the names of moderators...but they never post unless it is to lock a thread. I like your style and I appreciate what you do here. Now pass me some of that hypomania, lol.

Ennui and QuietGirl - you two keep this place running smoothly and are so supportive....I know through your posts you have struggles with bipolar, like the rest of us. Thank you for your selflessness and I appreciate all you do.
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby quietgirl2538 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:20 am

Thank you eterea107, you're so sweet. :wink:

Yes, Oliveira is such a great guy, isn't he?!?! I agree. :D

Ennui and QuietGirl - you two keep this place running smoothly and are so supportive....I know through your posts you have struggles with bipolar, like the rest of us. Thank you for your selflessness and I appreciate all you do.

Thank you for noticing and for your encouragement. We like having you here with us. Don't be a stranger. Take good care. :D
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:25 am
Blog: View Blog (141)

Postby Ennui » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Thanks for your kind words of support, eterea. It means a lot :D Oliveira is indeed a gift to this forum, as is Quietgirl. Don't forget that you give so much help and support to others here, too, eterea, and are an invaluable part of the community here. Looking forward to seeing you around. Hugs x
'Un ennui...' (Mallarmé)

'Perseverance is power' (Japanese proverb)

'All the world's a stage,/And all the men and women merely players'

Diagnoses: Bipolar affective disorder, GAD

Medications: 800mg Tegretol XR, 5mg Zyprexa
Ennui
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 pm

Postby eterea107 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:42 am

Thank you, ennui and QuietGirl. I will definitely stick around and support others. :D
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 am

Postby Holodeck » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Psychforums was what I found before I got my dx's, and gave me the push to actually get myself checked out. I was a lurker for a long time. Relating to other's situations helped me figure out some of what was going on with myself. For many years I had been putting my problems on the back burner because I had a ton of stuff to deal with. I knew if I opened up the can of worms of my mostly subconscious problems, I'd likely find stuff there I didn't want to think about and many that frightened me. People's posts here helped me realize now that my life is more "settled" that it's ok for me to finally start trying to figure out how to take care of myself.

I've surprisingly come quite a ways since times when I was a lurker. I like comparing situations and if I can pitch in and help I do. I also like to use it as a bit of a journal. Sometimes I might not think I was in a certain headspace, but reading back on posts make me realize when I may have been a bit more manic that I thought for instance.

It's also nice simply feeling that there are people who get what it's like (even if they aren't going through the same exact thing).
Holodeck
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:25 am

Postby Bui » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 pm

It feels like I'm being "understood", just by the fact that I'm here. Even though this is not a physical place. Even though I'm not participating in all threads and talking to all members about my problems. I don't know if I'm making any sense.

It's just that being around people with the same problem (even virtually) makes me feel welcomed and understood.

Of course, the fact that most of the people here are generally helpful and affectionate, instead of extremely snarky and bad-tempered as in many other forums in internet, this is what actually made me stay. This uncommon supportive ambient makes me feel well.
Diagnostics
- Official: Bipolar I
- Self-Diagnosed: Narcissistic Traits (only)
Medications Today :
- None
Medications in The Past:
- 500mg Lamotrigine / 500mg Topiramate / 10mg Aripiprazole / 240mg Ziprasidone (post 400mg Clozapine change)
Bui
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:25 am

Previous

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post