Our partner

Does this sound like psychosis? **TW**

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Does this sound like psychosis? **TW**

Postby Hobbit2017 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:13 pm

Im just thinking back on my moods etc. And i can recall a time when i was convinced i was possessed.

I had a dream and archangel had held me up (in a dream but felt so real) and his name was Azrael. When i read about him afterwards, it turned out he was the angel of death. He told me his name and told me not to worry anymore. This just made me believe even more so that i was possessed.

I would fly off the handle at the slightest thing. I was having black outs, where i just couldnt remember snippets of time.
I made numerous phone calls to mediums and priests.
I begged my dad to take me to the church one morning.

I told my therapist i had at the time. I can remember being seen quite urgently by a psychiatrist. I cant remember what happened after that. I do remember childrens services were called though
Hobbit2017
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Does this sound like psychosis? **TW**

Postby Little_Lost_Me » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:07 pm

I don't think its psychosis as much as maybe disassociating and having delusions which can be part of bipolar when manic,though a dream in all honesty is just a dream.

it becomes psychosis is if your seeing and or hearing things that are not there, delusions and dissociating can be a part of it, but the main thing is experiencing things that are not real.

if you were manic then i would chalk it up to it being that causing your delusions, the blacking out though is very concerning.

I would tell the doc about the black outs and delusions, cause it could develop into psychosis if your not careful.

my diagnosis btw is schizoaffective, bipolar type.
Little_Lost_Me
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 am

Re: Does this sound like psychosis? **TW**

Postby Una+ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:08 pm

*mod edit* A lot of that, especially the blackouts, is typical of a dissociative disorder. Have you ever been properly evaluated? You can start the evaluation process by doing the standard screening test yourself, then taking the results to your mental health care provider.

Start here: DID Forum: Dissociative Experiences Scale
Last edited by quietgirl2538 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: please do not diagnose as per forum rules
Dx DID older woman married w kids. 0 Una, host + 3, 1, 5. 1 animal. 2 older man. 3 teen girl. 4 girl behind amnesia wall. 5 girl in love. Our thread.
Una+
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:34 pm

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post