Our partner

The Off Topic Thread

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: quietgirl2538, Ennui

Re: The Off Topic Thread

Postby TheGodAmongMen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Hobbit ~

I read a quote today that I really liked and that applies to you, at least in my mind, "If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been." You showed strength in trusting someone, not weakness.

I know it hurts--I've been there--but it's always worth fighting for yourself, especially after you get hurt. He's one less worthless stain that will get in your way before you find the right person.

Have some ice cream. That always makes me happy.
---
Diagnosis: Bipolar II, GAD, Antisocial Personality Disorder
Medication: Lithium 900MG, Quetiapine 50MG, Clonazepam 1MG
TheGodAmongMen
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:59 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I feel so used

Postby quietgirl2538 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Hobbit2017 wrote:I had been dating someone. It seemed to be going brilliant. It seemed like he couldnt get enough, always chatting and keen to see me.
Out of all of the dates i have had, this one had that click. He gave me butterflies, i felt comfortable around him.

He was the only one i kissed from several dates ive had with others.
I let my guard down and trusted that he wasnt just after one thing, and just went for it. It felt right in the moment.

Now hes responded to my message but its clear he doesnt want to chat anymore, and he cancelled another date with me.

It was so unexpected and im so annoyed at myself for falling for it! I havent slept because of it and i feel my mood dipping.
How do i handle this? I keep telling myself its better to find out now rather than later down the line. I can see that, but i really thought it was going to go somewhere and thats what gets me. How i am usually so cautious and the one time i think its all good this happens!

You are being so hard on yourself for being human. You couldn't have known that it would turn out this way. Try to remind yourself that you acted on feelings and that there is nothing wrong with that. Watch your mood and take care of yourself. I hope you heal from this hurt soon so that you won't feel so sad. I know the feeling of a broken heart and it is not something I wish upon anyone. Hang in there, you can come out of this and you'll see it as nothing. Maybe not now, or for some time, but eventually you will be feeling much better and be at peace with you and this pain you are experiencing at this moment. Hugs if wanted.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 am
Blog: View Blog (66)

Postby Hobbit2017 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:42 pm

Thanks guys. Very helpful words from you both and i love that quote!
I am not being so hard on myself anymore. Though i am still a little annoyed at myself, i am now able to add on a positive to my thoughts rather than wallowing in the negativity.

I am still hopeful that he will come around and speak to me again with some great excuse that i can accept.
I could even accept that he was seeing how he got on with someone else since we were only dating.
I do get that that kind of thinking is just wishful thinking more than something that is likely to happen.

Regardless of the outcome i refuse to allow this to drag me down. I do get the odd pang of feeling down about it but its getting less and less.

Ice cream is on standby for those gloomy thoughts ha
Hobbit2017
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Postby Hobbit2017 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:01 am

He finally messaged. Saying he is sorry it wasnt anything to do with me. He just isnt ready for a full relationship.
He said he didnt know what to say and that hes not a nice person. He obviously feels guilty and so he should.

I wanted so badly to rant at him but i didnt want to give him the satisfaction, or any hint that i was bothered. I just said "its fine" and thats it. I did want to ignore him, but he did apologise and i dont want to stoop down to that level.

Looking back its a typical term women use when things really are not fine haha so it probably hasnt worked.

Either way, that is probably the end of him now hes got rid of his guilt. In the meantime i deal with repercussions of a stupid decision in the heat of the moment and hes oblivious.
Hobbit2017
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Postby quietgirl2538 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 pm

I'm glad to hear he messaged you back. That helps a little, I think.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Dx: Bipolar I
Lamictal 300mg
Wellbutrin XL 300mg
Vraylar 4.5 mg
diazepam p.r.n 10 mg twice a day

Forum Rules
quietgirl2538

Local time: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:59 am
Blog: View Blog (66)