Our partner

Sleep Tracking

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Sleep Tracking

Postby theonlyredsmurf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:56 pm

My sleep sux that's the only way to put it. I take a cocktail of drugs and the only thing that puts me to sleep with any certainty is the hormone melatonin but it's frequently next to no sleep or 15 hours. so I have a basic fitbit and am going to use it to log my sleep patterns. It's only one night in but I have a LOT of disturbed sleep out of less than 7 hours sleep more than half an hour is disturbed. has anyone else tried this either seriously or just as a casual observation? if so what did you find?
Talga Vassternich - Wizard's 8th Rule

Dx: Bipolar II w/ psychosis (Depressive, Mixed, psychotic, hypo-manic)
Other issues: ADD, Tic / Movement disorder, Chronic Sleep Apeona

Meds: Dotherp, Seroquel, Amisulpride, Cabramazipine, Dexamphetamine, Tetrabenzine, Melatonin.

Personality INTP-T
theonlyredsmurf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Sleep Tracking

Postby Oliveira » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Hello,

I might be wrong on this but is there a possibility the problem is physical? Say, sleep apnea?
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 pm

Postby paintingmusic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:41 pm

I've been logging my sleep patterns every day for a few years now.. What did I find?

Sleep + Me = Awful :lol:

I would definitely need a sleeping aid if I wanted to get more than 4 hours of sleep at once each time I go to bed.. But I've been trying to manage with as little medication as I could, and I DO feel rested when I wake up and need to get up as I don't like hanging around in bed at all, except when depression hits. I just take naps when needed, and it's been ok so far.
paintingmusic
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Postby quietgirl2538 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Have you considered talking to your pdoc about a prescription sleep aid. I take Rozerem and it' s on the "natural side." It's considered a sleep aid and not a sleeping pill. This was how the doctor explained it to me. It's like melatonin, but 10x stronger.
“There’s an Asian expression that ‘a burden shared is halved.’"

Bipolar I
ADD (inattentive kind)
*I take loads of meds, but they keep me stable
quietgirl2538
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (141)

Postby theonlyredsmurf » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:52 am

Oliveira wrote:Hello,

I might be wrong on this but is there a possibility the problem is physical? Say, sleep apnea?

looked into this a couple of years ago as I apparently had it really bad as a toddler, but not anymore, btw that's one expensive test

quietgirl2538 wrote:Have you considered talking to your pdoc about a prescription sleep aid. I take Rozerem and it' s on the "natural side." It's considered a sleep aid and not a sleeping pill. This was how the doctor explained it to me. It's like melatonin, but 10x stronger.

I've tried sleeping tablets before, no idea why, but they didn't work. I'm happy with the melatonin for now even though i don't get it on discount like my other medications

I'll keep this up for a few weeks, see what I learn
Talga Vassternich - Wizard's 8th Rule

Dx: Bipolar II w/ psychosis (Depressive, Mixed, psychotic, hypo-manic)
Other issues: ADD, Tic / Movement disorder, Chronic Sleep Apeona

Meds: Dotherp, Seroquel, Amisulpride, Cabramazipine, Dexamphetamine, Tetrabenzine, Melatonin.

Personality INTP-T
theonlyredsmurf
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post