Our partner

Feeling myself being dragged into depression

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Re: Feeling myself being dragged into depression

Postby Cinnamongirl » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:50 pm

Keep fighting. It's fine to think "this too shall pass". However, I've been thinking that for too long and have fallen into a deep depression.

Keep trying to get the med change right. Keep insisting that your pdoc help you find a solution.

-- Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:53 pm --

Keep fighting. It's fine to think "this too shall pass". However, I've been thinking that for too long and have fallen into a deep depression.

Keep trying to get the med change right. Keep insisting that your pdoc help you find a solution.
Cinnamongirl
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:45 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Ennui » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks for your input, Cinnamongirl. I know what you mean- I find it much preferable and safer to try and nip episodes in the bud, with my pdoc's help, than to let them escalate. I'm so sorry to hear you've fallen into severe depression and hope that you get some much needed relief soon. If there's certain treatment that's worked for you in the past, it might be worth revisiting.

From how I'm feeling, I can say without much doubt that what I'm experiencing is another mixed episode. I think the anxiety I'm struggling with is actually more like agitation. Yesterday, I woke up at a horrendous 3.30am, and that was it, except for a one hour nap later in the day. However, after taking 10mg of Zyprexa again last night, I slept until 9.30am today, so there's been a marked improvement.

My pdoc phoned me back today and said to stay on the 10mg Zyprexa until I see him in a week, and then we need to have a chat about my meds. (The subtext being that the Seroquel I'm on just isn't preventing episodes). I'm hoping I continue to become more stable again now I'm back on Zyprexa.
'Un ennui...' (Mallarmé)

'Perseverance is power' (Japanese proverb)

'All the world's a stage,/And all the men and women merely players'

Diagnoses: Bipolar affective disorder, GAD

Medications: 800mg Tegretol XR, 5mg Zyprexa
Ennui
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Postby eterea107 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:54 am

I hate mixed episodes. It's my default mood state.

I'm sorry you're feeling bad. Hang in there. It will change. They really do suck. But just keep posting. I'll check back soon. xo
103 =)
eterea107
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 am

Postby Ennui » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:11 pm

Thanks for your reply, eterea! I'm actually doing way better now and feel much more stable after going back on 10mg Zyprexa. It's a bit disappointing I've had to go back on Zyprexa after working so hard to taper off it, but needs must. The main thing I'm struggling with now is feeling extremely tired/sedated, so I'm not very productive at all at the minute, and sleeping lots. Thanks for checking in with me. Hugs x
'Un ennui...' (Mallarmé)

'Perseverance is power' (Japanese proverb)

'All the world's a stage,/And all the men and women merely players'

Diagnoses: Bipolar affective disorder, GAD

Medications: 800mg Tegretol XR, 5mg Zyprexa
Ennui
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Previous

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies