Our partner

Abilify and mood

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Abilify and mood

Postby ElKahn » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:45 pm

Has anybody else had positive experiences with Abilify in terms of mood stability and end of depressive phases? Because I feel like this right now, I feel positive, stable and I feel like I left that bad depressive phase behind my back. And all of it happened when I started taking Abilify. But I'm not hypomanic, I'm just (almost) normal. I say almost because I'm mentally ill and I feel like I can't be completely normal.

So has anybody else had these positive feelings on Abilify? Did it help with your depression, for the ones who take it or used to take it?
ElKahn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:34 am
Blog: View Blog (9)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Abilify and mood

Postby artsya3 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:47 pm

I feel like it helps with my manic more than my depression, I don't get manic a lot or at all really, I don't talk fast or act hyper or do the things a manic does. I still feel sad though maybe not really sad suicidal sad but sad enough where i don't feel it helps with my depression side enough.
BP1 mixed episodes, BPD
abilify injection, 50mg Topamax
artsya3
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:46 pm

I think aripiprazole is a really good drug-it has helped me a lot. It helps with mood instability (both high and low) and it also helps with psychosis I have experienced too. I also find I don't get many side effects with it except restlessness. I am on 20mg. When it was added into my other meds I was in hospital and it was definitely helpful.

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby ElKahn » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:05 pm

artsya3 wrote:I feel like it helps with my manic more than my depression, I don't get manic a lot or at all really, I don't talk fast or act hyper or do the things a manic does. I still feel sad though maybe not really sad suicidal sad but sad enough where i don't feel it helps with my depression side enough.

Are you on an antidepressant though?
CrackedGirl wrote:I think aripiprazole is a really good drug-it has helped me a lot. It helps with mood instability (both high and low) and it also helps with psychosis I have experienced too. I also find I don't get many side effects with it except restlessness. I am on 20mg. When it was added into my other meds I was in hospital and it was definitely helpful.

Cracked

Yes it is. As I said I'm still on 5mg, but I react well to meds so I don't have to take very high doses. 10mg will probably be good for me. Lamictal stabilized my mood and Cymbalta helped with depression (Lexapro wasn't effective, so they changed it), but Abilify is acting like it's boosting every positive effect of Lamictal and Cymbalta, so now I'm stable and not depressed, which is great. I'm very happy about it, I need to thank my psychiatrists! They both did an awesome job prescribing me the right combination.

I'm being positive and stable without being hypomanic, which is just great! :mrgreen:

A message to all the people who struggle: you can get out of darkness. Light is waiting at the end!
ElKahn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:08 pm

This sounds really good-I am glad you are doing well :D

Hugs

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby Caribee4me » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:14 pm

It's great to hear aripiprazole is working for you so well. I also liked it, it helped me with both the highs and the lows at 20mg when I took it...unfortunately I developed migraines and had to stop taking it. But i also found it to be effective. Glad to hear you're feeling "almost" normal.
Dx: BP1 mixed rapid-cycling, BPD, PTSD
Daily Meds: Latuda 120mg, Vyvanse 60mg, Intuniv 2mg, Quetiapine 200mg
PRN Meds: Alprazolam .5mg
Caribee4me
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby ElKahn » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Caribee4me wrote:It's great to hear aripiprazole is working for you so well. I also liked it, it helped me with both the highs and the lows at 20mg when I took it...unfortunately I developed migraines and had to stop taking it. But i also found it to be effective. Glad to hear you're feeling "almost" normal.

ElKahn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby artsya3 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:36 pm

I'm just on ability and topamax at the moment.
BP1 mixed episodes, BPD
abilify injection, 50mg Topamax
artsya3
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ElKahn » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:00 am

artsya3 wrote:I'm just on ability and topamax at the moment.

Well, don't worry. If you still feel depressed and suicidal you should talk to your doctor and hopefully you get the right combination of meds.
Sometimes you have to try different meds before finding the right one.
ElKahn
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post