Our partner

Where I Am

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Re: Where I Am

Postby Lanka » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:26 am

*Hugs.*

And for a moment I thought my day sucked.
Rapid cycling BP II with side of anxiousness, mixed states and BPD/AvPD-traits.
Meds? Went feral. So far nothing has given me the equal of highs on daily basis.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”
Lanka
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby skilsaw » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:03 am

Hi Cracked,
You can see from the responses here that people on the forum care about you and love you.
That is amazing to me. I could sit on the bus beside a forum member and not know it but bare my soul to them here on the forum.

I have never experienced self harm so don't have any first hand understanding of the urge to cut yourself. But I know that it is a last ditch effort to find relief to stressors you may not even understand. Based on my experience with people that do cut, I know it happens when you are alone. Make a short list of people you love and trust who will support you when you feel the urge.
Phone them, or visit them, anything to occupy yourself aside from cutting.

We care about how you are.
Stay in touch.
It is not always possible to make someone's discomfort go away.
Sometimes, the best thing we can do is resist the urge to fix it and instead just say, "You, too?"
skilsaw
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Oliveira » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 am

skilsaw wrote:I know it happens when you are alone. Make a short list of people you love and trust who will support you when you feel the urge.

This, as young uns say. Very good advice. Big hugs Cracked (and skilsaw)
Currently working on my upcoming signature.
Oliveira
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:39 am

Thank you all so much for being so supportive <3

l'ennui wrote:I'm sorry you have such a tremendous amount of stress and upset in your life, and from what you're having to deal with, it's completely understandable your mood's been knocked. All things considered, you seem to be doing incredibly well.

Like others have said, don't be afraid to ask for extra help if you need it or put yourself and your health first. After all, it's so important you stay as well as possible.

When I'm stressed, it can help to talk to people close to me and relieve the burden a little. Also, setting aside some time to exercise, meditate and write in my diary regularly can help release some tension. Activities like reading and listening to music can provide distraction. They're such simple tools, and I'm sure you've heard this kind of thing so many times before, but they're just some ideas for you.

You do such great work here, CrackedGirl. I really hope you're feeling better soon, and in the meantime, of course you can always post on the forum about anything if it'd help you. Take care.

Thank you so much - it is a lot for sure but it was so lovely to read all the supportive replies here. Thank you for yours so much. I will try to ask for help- sometimes not easy but I will try. When you suggested it I think I might start a diary again tho I need to think how I would keep it healthy. Thank you for your advice about distractions too - it is something I will try to do esp when the self harm thoughts hit. Thank you for being so kind

Caribee4me wrote:So many stressors at once would have done me in, too. Being anxious, worried, and angry all at once -it has got to be really difficult to find any peace of mind right now. Good job holding back on the cutting...I know how overwhelming of a feeling it is to want to and not want to at the same time. I appreciate you here and hope that things settle for you soon. Take good care of yourself in the meantime.

Thank you so much. I will keep trying not to cut - thank you for understanding about that tho I am sorry that you do. I have gone for years without self harm so it is difficult to be back in this place. Thank you very much for being so kind

turnaround wrote:Big hugs to you Cracked,

You have been battered by events far from your control. The cruellest thing is that your abusers will not face justice and you will not see it done to them. How terrible that such things have escaped you. I don't know what to say but I can only tell you that I am thinking of you and bless you

X

Thank you. I feel like that about my abusers. I wish they could have been shamed and punished. I know that death could be viewed as a punishment but it is not enough for me really. I wanted ppl to know how evil they were and hate and make an example of them. I also wanted violent things to happen to them. Thank you so much for being so kind and understanding

Lanka wrote:*Hugs.*

And for a moment I thought my day sucked.

Thank you Lanka and hugs to you too

skilsaw wrote:Hi Cracked,
You can see from the responses here that people on the forum care about you and love you.
That is amazing to me. I could sit on the bus beside a forum member and not know it but bare my soul to them here on the forum.

I have never experienced self harm so don't have any first hand understanding of the urge to cut yourself. But I know that it is a last ditch effort to find relief to stressors you may not even understand. Based on my experience with people that do cut, I know it happens when you are alone. Make a short list of people you love and trust who will support you when you feel the urge.

We care about how you are.
Stay in touch.

I know what you mean skilsaw. We do bare our souls here and receive such kindness too - ppl are just lovely. Taking this as an example I am so lucky to have received all the support ad compassion I have and that seems amazing to me - that ppl who I know from a forum are so kind and giving. Thank you for the advice about not being alone - I think that is really good advice and that I will try to keep myself occupied as much as I can. Thank you for caring

Oliveira wrote:
skilsaw wrote:I know it happens when you are alone. Make a short list of people you love and trust who will support you when you feel the urge.

This, as young uns say. Very good advice. Big hugs Cracked (and skilsaw)

Thank you Oliveira <3 <3 <3

Huge hugs to you all

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby ganbaru » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:05 pm

CrackedGirl wrote:We do bare our souls here and receive such kindness too - ppl are just lovely.

that's the good karma flowing back to you. it's a reflection of your own kindness. don't forget that ;)
ganbaru
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:36 pm

anachronic wrote:
CrackedGirl wrote:We do bare our souls here and receive such kindness too - ppl are just lovely.

that's the good karma flowing back to you. it's a reflection of your own kindness. don't forget that ;)

Thank you

hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:12 am

Seeing CPN on Wed

Currently not enough sleep or sleep at the wrong time and too busy - but not a lot of choice in terms of that so just have to suck it up

Not self harmed atm which is a big deal as I thought I would cave. So perhaps I am stronger than I think?

**Trigger SI Stuff**

I did find some wound glue from A&E when clearing out which was a bit difficult but I managed not to make the cuts to use it (I also found a TB mask :roll: :lol: - which i kept in all seriousness incase there is an outbreak of something; not that one mask would be much help).

Anyhow I am trying to get through this

Hugs all

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby invicta » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Just to let you know how happy I am that you've managed to avoid SH. :D You are a strong person, Cracked, don't doubt that!

I hope those sleep disruptions don't cause too much harm. I understand sometimes life doesn't wait around for us to catch up on our sleep! Try and keep it under control as much as you can.

Don't forget to rely on your CPN and on us - that's what we're here for! You will get through this!

Hugs

P.S. I also have a TB mask... And some other stuff! :mrgreen:
invicta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby CrackedGirl » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:52 pm

Thank you <3

invicta wrote:Just to let you know how happy I am that you've managed to avoid SH. :D You are a strong person, Cracked, don't doubt that!

Thank you - I think it is good I have managed not to, hopefully I can keep it this way.

invicta wrote:I hope those sleep disruptions don't cause too much harm. I understand sometimes life doesn't wait around for us to catch up on our sleep! Try and keep it under control as much as you can.

Thank you- i think I am going to try to catch up on some sleep this afternoon and tonight. Hopefully that will help

invicta wrote:Don't forget to rely on your CPN and on us - that's what we're here for! You will get through this!

Thank you - I really appreciate you guys being here <3

invicta wrote:P.S. I also have a TB mask... And some other stuff! :mrgreen:

Haha- for some reason that made me think of this

Which made me think of this :mrgreen:

Thank you- huge hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby invicta » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:15 pm

Lol!! Loved that film! Zombieland is pretty good, too, you should check it out if you haven't seen it yet. Might be something good for when you need to distract your mind.

This was actually one of my manic hobbies - survival stuff. :roll: Go figure!

Keep it up, sounds like you're doing great, all things considered!
Hugs
invicta
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Bipolar Disorder Forum