Our partner

Just checking in

Bipolar Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: Otter

Re: Just checking in

Postby Confuzzled12 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:50 am

Good comments and the lady I saw today at the social security office was supportive. Now I just have a mountain of paperwork plus doctor's reports to sort out.
On another note, I was feeling particularly manic this morning and rang my doctor. He has asked me to go to hospital so I'll be in there for a few days. They're full at the moment so I'm just waiting for the call to say they have a bed.
I hope my family comes around!
Confuzzled12
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:43 am

Really hope hospital helps

hugs

Cracked
So long and thanks for all the fish

Now we are out of the sea and we're keeping away from the sharks

We don't delete posts on demand

The Rules

When all else fails, hug the CAT

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am
Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby Confuzzled12 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:41 am

Hospital is good. I've had a lot of med changes which have helped. 750mg lithium, 15mg saphris, 20mg Lexapro, 15mg valium pre a day a sleeping tablet. I'm enjoying the structure and food as well as the contact from the nurses and my psych. Pretty sure I'll be out on Friday
Confuzzled12
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby CrackedGirl » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:53 am

Confuzzled12 wrote:Hospital is good. I've had a lot of med changes which have helped. 750mg lithium, 15mg saphris, 20mg Lexapro, 15mg valium pre a day a sleeping tablet. I'm enjoying the structure and food as well as the contact from the nurses and my psych. Pretty sure I'll be out on Friday

Sounds like it has been helpful for you - I am glad to hear that. Hope you get out soon

Hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (177)

Postby Confuzzled12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am

Well, a big update. I got out of hospital and went overseas and that was a mixed bag. I enjoyed it a lot but mania was really getting in the way. I wasn't manic in a 'fun' way, more an uncomfortable, agitated state.
My parents rang my psych and got me back into hospital as soon as we got home. I spent a month in there which was positive and really settled me down. I've had seroquel added as a regular drug now which I find keeps me level if I'm going too high but totally bottoms me out if I'm in a normal mood.
On top of that I've just had gastric bypass surgery since I had put on 45kgs in the six months I had been home.
Hopefully this surgery works and I think it will. My hunger isn't there at the moment. I've got a chest infection that is being treated in here and as soon as that is fixed I'll be home. Early October I have another appointment with my neurosurgeon who wants to operate again as I have been getting severe pain in my legs when walking, as well as some numbness.
An MRI revealed bone spurs growing in my spinal canal between L3/L5. So I will have surgery for that as soon as I've recovered sufficiently from this one. Hospital has been a bit strange. I've been high as a kite on morphine and okay with just being "OK" if that makes sense?
The other question is how my meds will be absorbed with 90% of my stomach being bypassed. That's going to be another learning curve for me and my psych. So far I don't feel like I'm not getting the effects of my meds but I only had the surgery on Saturday. For the first day or two I had a naso-gastral drain in and they weren't closing it off for my meds. So I'd take my pills and then see them go out my nose a few minutes later hahahaha!
But apart from that, things are good. I was approved for the disability pension which has taken a lot of my money worries away.
Anyway, that's just me blogging and self-reporting I guess!
Confuzzled12
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Postby CrackedGirl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Hey

Thank you for letting us know how you are. It does sound like you have an awful lot on for you atm. please take it as easy as you can and look after yourself. Keep us posted on how you are going.

Sending many hugs

Cracked

The Rules

Obey The Moderator

CrackedGirl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6