Our partner

Racing collegiately with an eating disorder--blog and memoir

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

Racing collegiately with an eating disorder--blog and memoir

Postby born2run012 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:51 am

Hello everyone! I finally came to terms with my eating disorder during my second year of college when I really struggled with my weight in relation to racing cross country and track. I detail some of my experiences on my blog *edit* so I just wanted to share that here, especially because I continually post about recovery and share motivation, encouragement, and person insight into eating disorders. I have worked on making my blog into a book (a memoir) and I'm trying to find a publisher at the moment for the completed manuscript. It has been a long journey but writing certainly has helped me to recover, so I encourage anyone else to write, too!

I know there are many athletes who deal with eating disorders so I just thought this was another avenue for those people to find a connection, as well as anyone else who has an eating disorder. I am continuing to recover and hope to find a happy balance in my life. I endured a lot of restriction for a while, and then binge eating where I gained all the weight back, and more.
Last edited by impromptu on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: personal blog removed as per forum rules. sorry for the inconvenience
born2run012
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Racing collegiately with an eating disorder--blog and memoir

Postby gratteciel » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi and welcome. Congrats on your recovery and bravery in sharing your experiences. That takes a lot of effort and courage.

Forum rules state that promoting another website is not allowed, hence the removal of your link. Feel free to join our community, though. It's a great one, and you'll find lots of support as well as opportunities to give support. It's quite rewarding.

Best of luck to you and hope you'll let us know how you are.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
-Albert Einstein
gratteciel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post