Our partner

I think my dad has an eating disorder

Binge Eating Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: weepingwillow

I think my dad has an eating disorder

Postby mollyhello » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:35 am

I'm 25 and still live at home with my parents. This is despite the fact my father was physically and emotionally abusive to my sister and I throughout our childhood and adolesence. My mother is still emotionally abusive and puts down my appearance alot. Anyway I think my dad has an eating disorder. He acts really infantile around food. For example, whenever he sees me eat or drink something he always requests a bite or sip. Then he'll request I buy or make that thing for him the next day. The other day I had a Strepsil because I had a sore throat and he asked for one even though he wasn't sick. If he sees me eat he will literally eat something 10 minutes later regardless if he's hungry or not. I used to starve myself and only then would he stop eating. I *mod edit* and he tells me I should go to the gym everyday and eat properly. He has a huge gut and never exercises. His behavior makes me feel like I'm headed for a breakdown. Since I was 16, I have been diagnosed with depressipn, anxiety and psychosis all brought on by the stress of my father. Please help!
Last edited by gratteciel on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited out height/weight
mollyhello
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: I think my dad has an eating disorder

Postby calischizoidxenafan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:09 pm

That is f*cked up. If i were you i'd get out of there, make them feel bad for what they are saying to you. You don't have to show them your're leaving just leave for a while don't say anything, it'll make them wake up, cause I know I was in that same situation years ago, I'm 26 and I live with my dad now and I feel like a burden because I don't work. I live in california and I'm alone most of the time now.
calischizoidxenafan
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am

Re: I think my dad has an eating disorder

Postby mollyhello » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Thanks for your reply. I did move out last year for six months. I only returned because my mother begged me to. She also promised things would be different. She lied. The only thing that has stopped isthe physical abuse because I threatened to break my silence and call the police. Just before my father accused me of never leaving the house. My reply was that I work full time 5-6 days a week and go to the gym 7 days a week. He said 'big deal'. The funny thing is my dad is unemployed and has been receiving the pension for over 20 years. He never exercises and is home all day. FML
mollyhello
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:07 pm

Return to Binge Eating Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post