Our partner

Why do I let assholes bother me so much?

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Why do I let assholes bother me so much?

Postby tiredofthis » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:41 pm

I always let the mean, petty, spiteful things the assholes in my life say get to me so much that I'm miserable for days and sometimes can't even sleep (like tonight). I mean, it doesn't bother them that they're being assholes, but I let them ruin my life just because of some careless arrogant comments. Even worse, I NEVER do anything while they're saying the stupid $#%^. I don't talk back. No smart comebacks or quick put downs. I dont even give them a dirty look. I just TAKE IT!! Its like I'm just too stunned to even react and I freeze. Its not until later when I'm alone that I think of all the things I could have said. By then its too late and all I can do is fantacize about keying their cars. Why?!? Why do I let them make me so miserable when they couldn't give a $#%^?!?! Why do I let them bother me so much?!?! I want to know how to just blow them off like the insignificant shits they are. How do you guys DEAL with mean SOBs??
The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak. ~Hans Hofmann
tiredofthis
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:01 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Why do I let assholes bother me so much?

Postby twistermind » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:23 pm

tiredofthis wrote:I always let the mean, petty, spiteful things the assholes in my life say get to me so much that I'm miserable for days and sometimes can't even sleep (like tonight). I mean, it doesn't bother them that they're being assholes, but I let them ruin my life just because of some careless arrogant comments. Even worse, I NEVER do anything while they're saying the stupid $#%^. I don't talk back. No smart comebacks or quick put downs. I dont even give them a dirty look. I just TAKE IT!! Its like I'm just too stunned to even react and I freeze. Its not until later when I'm alone that I think of all the things I could have said. By then its too late and all I can do is fantacize about keying their cars. Why?!? Why do I let them make me so miserable when they couldn't give a $#%^?!?! Why do I let them bother me so much?!?! I want to know how to just blow them off like the insignificant shits they are. How do you guys DEAL with mean SOBs??

I think it´s completely normal that you feel this anger. Some people act as completely assholes, mainly if they are in a group. I can´t say how would I act! That´s depend on the situation, the kind of commentary, who is the asshole, that is if I have to see him/her everyday or if this person is always in the same way with me.
If I really bother a person I just ignores him/her. If he/she express something I don´t agree with, trying to think that he/he has another way to see the reality and add my own opinion.
If it´s an insult, I try to be calm and express my disagreement and don´t put in the place as him/her.
Put me an example of a commentary you bother. :?: Perhaps is a good idea to learn something of assertiveness.
Having avoidance made a gladiator of me.
" Controlling Avoidance comes with understanding Avoidance. Treat the avoidance as a separated identity; that is, avíes decissions and your decissions" (by Dwight)
twistermind
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post