Our partner

Has anything worked for you guys?

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Has anything worked for you guys?

Postby Frank0011 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:56 pm

So naturally I've like many of you been cursed with this illness, and It honestly just controls my life, I'm so incredibly tired of not being able to live a normal life.

I'm wondering if anything has made a difference for you guys? Medication, Therapy?
Frank0011
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:15 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Has anything worked for you guys?

Postby Parador » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:33 am

Frank0011 wrote:So naturally I've like many of you been cursed with this illness, and It honestly just controls my life, I'm so incredibly tired of not being able to live a normal life.

I'm wondering if anything has made a difference for you guys?
Getting used to not ever having a normal life helps. That and hookers. I really think that hookers are the solution to most of society's problems.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:15 am

Postby jkxxster » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:00 pm

What Parador said about living a normal life, otherwise my close friends, these people have made a huge difference even though at times meds and therapy have helped too. And just knowing for sure there are nice people out there even if you don't happen to know them.
jkxxster
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

Postby skyflyz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:06 am

For me, it's getting off my ass, gritting my teeth and constantly trying to push the envelope of what I'm comfortable with. Haven't been "cured" doing that though, but that is the only thing that helps.

No offense Parador but I'm pretty sure a hooker wouldn't help me. Even if I could get up some sort of sex drive and get over the embarrassment, it'd just make me feel pathetic.
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
― Lao Tzu
skyflyz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby lazarus102 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:50 am

Parador wrote:
Frank0011 wrote:So naturally I've like many of you been cursed with this illness, and It honestly just controls my life, I'm so incredibly tired of not being able to live a normal life.

I'm wondering if anything has made a difference for you guys?
Getting used to not ever having a normal life helps. That and hookers. I really think that hookers are the solution to most of society's problems.

Paid sex won't help many of us. It's like head docs, they aren't friends, they aren't there because they give a fk about you, they're only there cuz they like money and you got it.

What would be better is if things were more like they were 100 years ago when it was an honor for a woman to be with a man and not all this independent woman #######4 where woman turn their nose up at any guy that isn't perfect in one way or another or that makes one slip up in what he's saying whilst walking on eggshells every second of the conversations. Of course the internet doesn't help things. It used to be that the average woman wouldn't talk to more than a handful of guys in the average day. Now women have access to thousands if not millions of guys that she gets to filter through without even leaving her chair. So in this world, guys like me that have trouble forming more than 1-3 sentences before losing a person's interest, we simply have no chance.
lazarus102
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Lorikeet » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Lazarus, you have some nerve spouting such misogyny. You want to return half the human race to slave status just so you can get laid??? There was no 'honour' in traditional marriage: it was just a lifelong prostitution contract that women were forced into.

I'm a woman with many avoidant traits. Trust me -it's a 100 times harder than being a man with the same disorder. It might've even contributed to me getting cancer. And I've thought about paid sex myself.
'
Lorikeet
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:15 pm

Postby Unsocial Butterfly » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:34 pm

Therapy and meditation have done wonders for me. my therapist does emdr therapy which is great at processing trapped emotions, and meditating helps to release trapped emotions between sessions. you need to find out what event in your childhood started your avoidance, because you cannot move past the avoidance until you process it.
"While Eeyore frets...
...and Piglet hesitates
... and Rabbit calculates
....and Owl pontificates
.... Pooh just is." - The Tao of Pooh
Unsocial Butterfly
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby SoloDude16 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:15 am

Exercise really REALLY helps me out. I used to hate when I would hear the doctor suggest it, but, it's the truth.
SoloDude16
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:15 am

Postby skyflyz » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:32 am

SoloDude16 wrote:Exercise really REALLY helps me out. I used to hate when I would hear the doctor suggest it, but, it's the truth.

Yes absolutely. Helps with so many things.
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
― Lao Tzu
skyflyz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post