Our partner

Social isolation

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: Social isolation

Postby MangoExtract » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:03 pm

I guess we have two options and variances between implementing those two options.
One is to find a way to handle and reduces the stress, anxiety and negative thoughts/emotions you get when around people so that you can hang out with people make friends happily. I think this option should be tried first at least partially. We should all try or have tried to fix irrational and negative because if we can think more positively in a logic way it will most likely make our lives better.
The second option is to accept that you aren't and wont be happy around people and become a social hermit. I'm at the second option, and life is a lot better- I regret every time I socialize.
MangoExtract
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Social isolation

Postby FreakOfTheDemonDoll » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:25 pm

MangoExtract wrote:I guess we have two options and variances between implementing those two options.
One is to find a way to handle and reduces the stress, anxiety and negative thoughts/emotions you get when around people so that you can hang out with people make friends happily. I think this option should be tried first at least partially. We should all try or have tried to fix irrational and negative because if we can think more positively in a logic way it will most likely make our lives better.
The second option is to accept that you aren't and wont be happy around people and become a social hermit. I'm at the second option, and life is a lot better- I regret every time I socialize.

Ya, being a hermit sounds much better than being intimate in real and online life.
Although talking to strangers online isn't a problem as long as they don't get too close.
FreakOfTheDemonDoll
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am
Blog: View Blog (7)

Previous

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post