Our partner

Edit is essential

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Would you be more likely to post if you could edit the post?

Yes
68%
No
19%
Maybe
13%

Total votes : 31

Re: Edit is essential

Postby lilyfairy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:38 am

Parador wrote:I wouldn't call it abusing the privilege. We have avpd. As you can see by the poll we like being able to delete. If we would we might write more.

Sorry, but having any particular disorder doesn't get you special privileges as far as editing posts go.

I'm not saying excessive editing was only done in AvPD either. It was done by members pretty much across the whole site prior to there being a time limit- you've only got to take a look at some of the much older threads on the forums.

blankslate wrote:Before i submit something i usually delete and rewrite a hundred thousand times. It's almost a relief for me once i send it and can no longer edit.
I'm the same Blankslate. Writing, re-writing and triple checking. At some point I have to go "ok, I'll do it!" cringe and hit submit. And once someone else replies with a "hey, I do that too!" it suddenly seems less scary about having shared in the first place.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Parador » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Can a mod delete a post for someone? Or would that lead to too many people requesting deletions?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 am

Postby blankslate » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:22 pm

i'm pretty sure they don't P unless you accidentally divulged personal information. Otherwise, it is against forum rules to delete posts....according to one of the mods signature
blankslate
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:55 am

Postby lilyfairy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Parador wrote:Can a mod delete a post for someone? Or would that lead to too many people requesting deletions?

Short answer, no, mods can't.

The only things that can be edited by mods are things that are personally identifying.

The other thing is, that once your post is up, after an hour (or perhaps even less than that) it has already been picked up by search engines- so it's already "out there" on the internet. Deleting it from a post here won't necessarily change that.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Postby Lady Mondegreen » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:50 am

Just curious, can we request for a post of our own to be locked?
Lady Mondegreen
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am

Postby lilyfairy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:34 pm

If you were the one to start the thread it could be considered.

Forum Rules

lilyfairy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum