Our partner

Yesterday......one of those days

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: lilyfairy

Re: Yesterday......one of those days

Postby Unknown_1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Calling the police sounds very excessive. I'd rather someone say they are very concerned and call my support person, and that's as far as it's gotten for me. I'm sorry you went through that.

To even consider and then attend any group therapy sessions is a massive deal- well done. My therapist told me I need to go to a group because I need positive feedback from more than an individual therapist. But the thought of showing 6 or so people how empty and pathetic my life is sounds horrifying.

Taking meds and having no luck finding something that works is so disheartening and really can make someone feel hopeless. It ends up feeling like a merry go round. I hope you find something that works soon.
One does not abandon, even briefly, one's bed of nails, but is attached to it wherever one goes-William Styron
It's hard enough to live in a land where you don't belong, but knowing it, holding conflicting realities in your head, will drive you mad-Mad Hatter
Unknown_1
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Remember Ronni » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Thank you Unknown_1. Thankfully I haven't had any visits from the police. I got a letter from the therapist running the group therapy saying she wants to meet me to discuss my options. So we shall see what happens.

Been having some issues with the meds. The pdoc increased the dose of one of the meds and that seems to have caused me to have some new side effects. Like hands that won't stop shaking. Doesn't make it easy to do stuff on here - they shake so bad at times I can't type :)

I got a letter from my pdoc with an appointment for next week. Sadly the pscyh I saw last time has now left which is a shame. He seemed ok. Now I have someone new. I wanted to bring up the bipolar issue but am just going to see how I get on with them first. The last pdoc brought up the possibility of bipolar in his report to my GP.

My brain at the moment is a bit like a sieve. I came here to write about something and yet i can't remember what on earth it was. :oops:
Diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (BPD)
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby skyflyz » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:26 pm

RememberRonni wrote:My brain at the moment is a bit like a sieve. I came here to write about something and yet i can't remember what on earth it was. :oops:

That sort of thing happens to me all the time.. I am forever walking into a room then getting distracted and not remembering what I was supposed to do.

I hope the new pdoc works out well for you. That sucks about the side effects. :(
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
― Lao Tzu
skyflyz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Postby Thesilverdawn » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm really sensitive to medication. I have to remember to take it regularly and have some in my body or my mood takes a noticeable dip. Otherwise, it seems to help a bit. There's less "noise", so to say.

I know the feeling of having your brain feel like a sieve. My mind erases a lot of stuff, especially stuff about my past. I don't remember much of anything about my childhood and the most recent years. My brain likes to burn holes in my memory to spare me from remembering really painful things. It can't be good, I'm guessing? But at the same time, I'm thankful that my brain is actually a sieve. It's better off that way.

So at times, I forget about stuff. I keep mixing my friend's names all the time and they find it funny. Also, I can forget what I was gonna say and I end up saying gibberish. I don't know if it's really a side effect of having brain holes, but it can be quite humorous. I made my friend's nights once when it happened, the kind of weird words that come out of my mouth are...really weird and funny.
Thesilverdawn
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:14 am
Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby lilyfairy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:40 am

Glad you haven't had any visits from the police- that all sounds a little extreme. Hope it goes ok meeting with that therapist and that the meds side effects subside or that they can do something to help- they sound awful.

I think it's worth mentioning about the bipolar possibility when you meet with the new psych, and even saying that you're not sure about what's going on there- they might see things differently to the psych you've been dealing with- and they may pick up on those issues themself in interviewing you. Hope it goes ok.
First rule of mental health: Learn to distinguish who deserves an explanation, who deserves only one answer, and who deserves absolutely nothing.

Forum Rules

Whatever you're doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman t-shirt.
lilyfairy
Site Admin

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Postby Parador » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:19 pm

RememberRonni wrote:I missed therapy again on Monday. It wasn't avoidance, I just felt so depressed. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't want anyone to worry so I sent an email saying I wasn't feeling up to therapy today. Nothing even remotely alarming. I got an email from the therapist saying if I didn't telephone by the end of the day she was calling the police. She threatened me with the police :shock:

Of course I have seen that kind of thing many times. I knew one guy who had to make an audio recording of all his sessions.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 am

Postby Greenhorn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:42 am

Parador wrote:
RememberRonni wrote:I missed therapy again on Monday. It wasn't avoidance, I just felt so depressed. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I didn't want anyone to worry so I sent an email saying I wasn't feeling up to therapy today. Nothing even remotely alarming. I got an email from the therapist saying if I didn't telephone by the end of the day she was calling the police. She threatened me with the police :shock:

Of course I have seen that kind of thing many times. I knew one guy who had to make an audio recording of all his sessions.

Wow. I once sought help from a LCSW. As I told a few of my problems I saw the eyes light up with dollar signs; like a cartoon. Agreeing with everything I said. I didn't find it helpful and it only reinforced a few of my opinions.
Greenhorn
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

Postby Remember Ronni » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been sick. I've been reading but hopefully I will be feeling better soon and can contribute a bit more.
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby skyflyz » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:36 am

RememberRonni wrote:Sorry I haven't been around much. I have been sick. I've been reading but hopefully I will be feeling better soon and can contribute a bit more.

I hope you feel better soon Ronni... take care of yourself.
“If you are depressed you are living in the past.
If you are anxious you are living in the future.
If you are at peace you are living in the present.”
― Lao Tzu
skyflyz
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 pm

Postby Remember Ronni » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Thank you Sky. I have been really sick from the medication I have been taking. I am now coming off the medication again so not feeling great but at least I don't feel like a Parkinson's sufferer anymore. Am now taking a break from all the medication at least until the New Year. Am tired of this meds merry go round and would rather be depressed than depressed AND sleep deprived and sick. Am really hoping I am going to feel like me again some time soon.
Remember Ronni
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post