Our partner

I want to be touched...

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: lilyfairy, Evol222

I want to be touched...

Postby ciaolavida » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:00 am

does anyone know what I mean? I just long for some sort of physical touch. And yet I don't want anyone to know that. People try and touch me, hug me, I shy away "Don't touch me!" But secretly I want to snuggle with someone at night :( [/u]
ciaolavida
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:07 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby PinkAngel467 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:40 am

I know exactly what you mean. I have to be hugged/touched on MY terms. I love snuggling my little dog, but sometimes you just need human contact. *Sending you a friendly virtual hug for you to use/not use as you will lol*
PinkAngel467
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:07 am

Postby quint » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:51 am

I crave to be touched, by someone other than my family. I crave any form of intimacy.

It hurts too much though. To be loved, and to be accepted is too impossible to bare. If they touch me, it's too much and I have to run away and hide and never come out until that person can't stand me any more.
quint
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Postby Dragonfly » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm

For me wanting to be touched, but not wanting anyone to touch me, is a matter of trust. The same goes for touching others, which can make me very uncomfortable. For me, it has to do with not getting close because of mistrust or the need to maintain a separation in order to maintain a stable sense of self.

Interestingly, I have no problem touching animals which proves that it is not about the touching itself.
Steady as she goes ...
Dragonfly
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

touch

Postby Bengas » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:43 am

My problem is that I want to touch .
Bengas
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby The Gold Dust Rush » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:44 am

Yeah, I want to be touched as well. I want to be showed affection, but like another poster has said, it's a matter of trust. I usually don't let people touch me, either.
The Gold Dust Rush
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby sobriainebrietas » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:54 pm

i know what you mean.

i desire intimacy more than anything else in the world. i crave it painfully. yet i am unable to give or recieve any touch, no matter how tender. even by my own husband. i want to enjoy his touch so badly yet i ache inside and squirm on the outside to escape his advances.

it is a painful longing. i feel like such an aweful person for all of it though. if i really wanted it all that bad i would let it happen. i would just do it.

i have just been dying to get a pet. but sadly somehow i know that it isn't going solve any of my intamacy issues.

::virtual hugs::

erin

so needy of comfort. yet too raw to be embraced.
undo this primacy. put me in my place.

generous palmstroke: by bjork
dx = ptsd/mdd + bpd.

mbpt = infp.
sobriainebrietas
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:07 am

Postby Gentleman Geek » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:58 pm

The subject line of this thread has been staring accusitorily at me for the nearly two weeks that it has been here now, and I have still not responded to it. I've been... avoiding it all this time. Of all the things I'm realizing the past few weeks that I've been missing out on, this is the one desire that is new to me. And therefore strange and scary, yet exciting in a way.

Until recently, I did not have a strong desire to be touched, it simply did not fit my emotionally detached and distant nature (or is it a facade?). But now whenever I'm feeling a depressed mood again, with a free complimentary crying fit (twice daily now), I just want someone to hold and hug and comfort me.

The problem for me is not that I would shy away at the last moment, I don't believe I would, but rather that I have no one to be this intimate with. Of course, there's my mother who would probably put an arm around my shoulder or give me a hug when I ask her to, but somehow that seems awkward to me at this age. I just want someone who loves me for being me, without the parental bond, to give me that physical affection that I crave.
Gentleman Geek
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 am

Postby sobriainebrietas » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:15 pm

Gentleman Geek wrote:The subject line of this thread has been staring accusitorily at me for the nearly two weeks that it has been here now, and I have still not responded to it. I've been... avoiding it all this time. Of all the things I'm realizing the past few weeks that I've been missing out on, this is the one desire that is new to me. And therefore strange and scary, yet exciting in a way.

Until recently, I did not have a strong desire to be touched, it simply did not fit my emotionally detached and distant nature (or is it a facade?). But now whenever I'm feeling a depressed mood again, with a free complimentary crying fit (twice daily now), I just want someone to hold and hug and comfort me.

The problem for me is not that I would shy away at the last moment, I don't believe I would, but rather that I have no one to be this intimate with. Of course, there's my mother who would probably put an arm around my shoulder or give me a hug when I ask her to, but somehow that seems awkward to me at this age. I just want someone who loves me for being me, without the parental bond, to give me that physical affection that I crave.

maybe you are getting ready to be ready for a girlfriend?

;}

erin
dx = ptsd/mdd + bpd.

mbpt = infp.
sobriainebrietas
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:07 am

Postby Gentleman Geek » Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:10 pm

sobriainebrietas wrote:maybe you are getting ready to be ready for a girlfriend?

I'm the sort of guy who prefers a boyfriend, actually.

I've been sortof ready for that for many years, but I am too anxious to make friends, romantic or otherwise. Since I believe that regular frienships would be easier to form (based on no evidence or experience at all) that's been my first target to aim for. Once I've achieved some of those, maybe I could take off from there to a more intimate relationship. But this recent craving for more physical comfort, which cannot be provided by normal friends, makes it clear that maybe I should switch my priorities, or regard them equally important.

Ok, that was the long way of answering yes to your question. :D
Gentleman Geek
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:07 am

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum