Our partner

Interesting dream

Avoidant Personality Disorder message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderators: lilyfairy, RememberRonni

Interesting dream

Postby Spikey » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 am

I dosed off this evening and whilst I did I had a dream that just felt so odd that I'm wondering if it was actually a memory from infantcy.

In my dream I'm as old as I am now and I'm not happy. I think I just want someone to give me attention. So I lie on the floor and start crying and wrigling about. Suddenly I feel a sharp pain at the back of my head that was worse than the pain I felt for me to start crying.

I woke up and then I thought, did this happen when I was a baby? Maybe my Mum's reaction to me crying was to hit me. So I learned that crying would only make things worse so don't do it and at the same time I learned that there's nothing I can do about being unhappy.

If it was, it just kind of explains a lot of things.
Spikey
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:55 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Interesting dream

Postby Dwight » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:43 am

To dream that someone is hitting you implies that you are feeling helpless or powerless in some waking situation. Someone is trying to force their opinion or view on you.

Crying signifies a release of negative emotions that is more likely caused by some waking situation rather than the events of the dream itself. Your dream is a way to regain some emotional balance and to safely let out your fears and frustrations. In your daily lives, you tend to ignore, deny, or repress your feelings. But in your dream state, your defense mechanisms are no longer on guard and thus allow for the release of those feelings that you have repressed during the day.
Dx: Avoidant Personality Disorder.
Dwight
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Postby Parador » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Do you remember any other details of the dream? What were you wearing? What kind of floor was it? Do you remember anything else in the room?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
Parador
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Spikey » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:03 pm

Parador wrote:Do you remember any other details of the dream? What were you wearing? What kind of floor was it? Do you remember anything else in the room?

Yes, I do. I remember my sister was there. I seem to remember the room wasn't very big and furniture was laid out around the edges and I think there was a white rug that filled the centre of the room. Also there was some kind of obstacle, like a table maybe. I think there was some room off to the side.

It wasn't a place I was familiar with though.
Spikey
Consumer 2
Consumer 2

Return to Avoidant Personality Disorder Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post