Our partner

Allergies, food intolerance and the like.

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: TDT

Allergies, food intolerance and the like.

Postby Camelidae » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:13 pm

I´m wondering: Do any of you have any allergies, food intolerance or a weak immune system in general? Are they common in people with AS? About general gastro-intestinal sensitivity I already know, not sure about the others.

I´ve recently been checked for coeliac disease as I tend to react very sensitive to certain foods (sickness, stomach cramps, feeling of having eaten splintered glass). Turns out I don´t have it. Doctor says it may be the result of stress or a general sensitivity of the gastro-intestinal system, not sure.

As a child I used to get bouts of neurodermatitis when stressed and rashes after having eaten foods with too much sugar in them. I think the latter turned out to be a myth from a scientific point of view (not an expert though), but I would get the rashes right after I had eaten the stuff, say one or two hours later so I guess there is a connection after all (?).

Also I tend to get sick easily.

Maybe just me being a wuss (the test required sticking a needle in my finger, took me half an hour to calm down and pierce my finger with that thing so that´s surely an indicator of wuss-iness, lol).

-Camelidae :mrgreen:
The nurse I work with asked me to write down what I want. I want to recover from Borderline Personality Dirsorder.
Camelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Allergies, food intolerance and the like.

Postby CantThinkOfAny » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:19 pm

As far as I know, I have no allergies or intolerances whatsoever.
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Rita Mae Brown

A cliché, but a good one.
CantThinkOfAny
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby TNSe » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Just been checked for coeliac as well, don't have results yet. I also get extremely itchy after eating some foods. And I know what you mean with the eating glass feeling. Don't worry, it gets worse as you get older, and you start getting occational backpains as well.
TNSe
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Postby Camelidae » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:40 pm

TNSe wrote:Don't worry, it gets worse as you get older, and you start getting occational backpains as well.

Awesomeness. :?
The nurse I work with asked me to write down what I want. I want to recover from Borderline Personality Dirsorder.
Camelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zausel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm

no allergies that im aware of. Never get sick, but Petrossa will appreciate this :mrgreen: , I only get sick when Im doing alot of running (I know why :mrgreen: ).

vegetables, and fruits make me gag though. If I take a second bite ill throw up. But thats about it. Im more of a sound and pain whimp.

Although if I dont smoke a cigarette for aday, then smoke one, it will mess with my stomach...in a good way from my POV at least.
This sloth doesn't understand the statement.
--Zausel, Camelidae requested.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Postby Camelidae » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 pm

zausel wrote:Although if I dont smoke a cigarette for aday, then smoke one, it will mess with my stomach...in a good way from my POV at least.

As someone whose stomach is never messed up in a "good way" I don´t understand this. How could you feel messed up in a positive way?
Camelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zausel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Camelidae wrote:
zausel wrote:Although if I dont smoke a cigarette for aday, then smoke one, it will mess with my stomach...in a good way from my POV at least.

As someone whose stomach is never messed up in a "good way" I don´t understand this. How could you feel messed up in a positive way?

it acts like...fiber.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Camelidae » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:14 pm

I don´t even know what fiber is, lol.
Camelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zausel » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Camelidae wrote:I don´t even know what fiber is, lol.

Its the batman to the constipation villian.

-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Camelidae » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:36 pm

Mistress of discretion being discrete. Why did I even ask.
Camelidae
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Next

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post