Our partner

Not being embarrassed

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Not being embarrassed

Postby Robot575 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:46 am

I hate seeing a caterpillar growing on my upper lip.
:D
"BUT I NEED TO PROTECT THE HUMANS!!!"
-Aperture Science Sentry Turret.

Aspergers Plausibility Factor: Likely.
Robot575
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:19 am
Blog: View Blog (1)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Spokane Girl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 am

I have worn a torn coat until my husband took it from me and threw it out after he got me a new coat. I have worn beat up shoes, worn out clothes. I wear what I like.

I also shave my pubic hair. My aspie ex shaved his whole body because he hated body hair. I find pubic and underarm hair disgusting. I do shave though because I do not like dark hair. I also like to be clean but yet I will wear the same clothes everyday, even if they are dirty because I need to have something on when I go for my walks and I have to wear the same pants and shirt to work everyday anyway because it's part of the work uniform. So I change into those before leaving for work.
Titanic is a good diaper movie, lots of flooding.
Spokane Girl
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:19 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby petrossa » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

your aspie ex too... I assume he was more darkish haired. With me it used to be just blond fluff.

When i started using testosterone i got as hairy as a gorilla but my gf won't let me shave my chest. She likes it, go figure. So i tried bleaching it but that turned it yellow which was even more absurd. So now i have to accept it since she shaves only to do me a favor.

We aspies are weird.
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
petrossa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:19 am

Postby sabrdawg » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:49 pm

TheGoodGirl wrote:I just hate feeling hair on my skin and I really hate the feeling after not shaving for a day, the stubbles. Make me shiver.

Now THAT'S a reason I can see someone wanting to shave. Not because it's the "norm" or how it looks, but how it FEELS! I'm more about how things feel than how they look; one of my above posts mentioned the same about matching clothes :P

-- Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:52 am --

I always thought underarm hair was rather pointless. I know that people say it had some purpose in the dark ages, but really, what purpose does it serve only to make your underarms itch and trap sweat? Arm and leg hair doesn't bother me; we were born with it. Underarm hair decides to show up a little later....if we weren't born with it, we don't need it!

-- Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:55 am --

Speaking of how things feel, I have something to add. My fingernails. I have to clip them every week or they drive me crazy. I hate when the white part starts to grow in and feels all thick. My fingers can "breathe" when I clip my nails to the part where the nail plate is attached to the nail bed!
Normal is overrated :D
sabrdawg
Moderator: Consumer

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:19 am

Postby Twist » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:28 pm

not usually, no. it's a waste of energy.

however, being aware of why some things are embarrassing to others (or offends them) is quite important imo - for example, while you may not care about your appearance or what other people think of it, letting your personal hygiene slip because of it is self-defeating imo, as things like that have a way of escalating to the point of ridiculousness.

the same goes for people who care too much, ofcourse. scrubbing your skin raw in order to feel clean and appropriate is probably more detrimental to your health.
"Hatred will not cease by hatred, but by love alone.
This is the ancient law."
- The Buddha
Twist
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:19 am

Postby michijo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:36 pm

I like women who have hairy armpits, the smell I mean catches in the hair. I like to smell them. There are pheromones in them. Veterinarians often use feline pheromone sprays to calm an aggressive cat. The same use can be made of a woman's underarms.

The best way to end embarrassment is to move somewhere that the people are beyond caring what you look like. Usually such places have extremely depressed people due to climate, such as a rainy or snowy climate, and everything seems futile, so you don't have to worry over embarrassment.

I myself have 3 pairs of pants with cargo pockets, and 3 long sleeved buttonless shirts. These are mostly a similar color and it appears that I never change clothes, though I launder them regularly. Minimalism...
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby sabrdawg » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:41 pm

I have actually used the feline pheromone spray to try to calm my cats. I'm not sure if it did anything, as Peaches still insists on pooping on the basement floor :P As for humans, I don't particularly enjoy the smell of my armpits lol XD
sabrdawg

Postby michijo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:55 pm

sabrdawg wrote:I have actually used the feline pheromone spray to try to calm my cats. I'm not sure if it did anything, as Peaches still insists on pooping on the basement floor :P As for humans, I don't particularly enjoy the smell of my armpits lol XD

Ah you live in "Beau Flux". A native of Buffalo told me that Buffalo was an Anglicization of the name "Beau Flux", which was a nickname of the Niagara River by the French, meaning "beautiful flow". I lived there for a few months near the art museum and that park. I like woman's arm pits, but not man's. Women I want to eat!
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby sabrdawg » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Yes, my grandma told me about the meaning of "Buffalo" lol :D But you want to EAT armpits???? How appetizing....lol XD I'll take pizza, thank you :)

-- Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:02 pm --

So, did you go to Buff State, by any chance?
sabrdawg

Postby michijo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Not Buff State. I just had a friend from there and I lived with his family for a bit. They were like half German half Italian. Normal Buffalo stuff, going to coffee shops (Spot Coffee), eating at this kid's grandma's house on West Side every Sunday. One time we broke into a huge abandoned hotel downtown and walked around in it. There was a group of religious fanatics living in it, who wrote scriptures on the walls. I think it was those guys "The Brethren". Later I stopped by Buffalo and saw the hotel was torn down.
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

PreviousNext

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum