Our partner

How to get a Girlfriend

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: TDT

Re: How to get a Girlfriend

Postby michijo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:41 pm

zausel wrote:
michijo wrote:
Its in the astral plane. people communicate on the astral plane and their bodies are puppets. Only retarded people such as you and I cannot grasp this and thus must exist being smirked down on as lesser humans who are not part of the intergalactic psychic "We" phenomenon, but self centered outsiders who cannot link up to the unified-mind, because our bad auras have labeled us as outcasts. :P

not to put a needle in your bubble, but the 4th dimension is simply time. There isn't a plane to time. Unless this astral plane is an arrow flowing in one direction.

Oh, so this is metaphorical? in which regard, excuse my comment.

I am just rambling sardonically. There are other 4th dimensional spaces though, such as the mobius strip, which concern mirror images rolling into themselves.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Four-dimensional_space
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby michijo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 am

allstev wrote:the bad vibes they are picking up isn't anything astral, or meta-physical..it's your broken body language, they are expecting non-verbal responses to non-verbal cues they are giving you.

Actually you may be right about that. I have been vaguely imagining some kind of energy field or ability to send feelings to someone through telepathy due to a feeling of dead air between me and another person. In fear of rhythm.
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby allstev » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:40 am

michijo wrote:
allstev wrote:the bad vibes they are picking up isn't anything astral, or meta-physical..it's your broken body language, they are expecting non-verbal responses to non-verbal cues they are giving you.

Actually you may be right about that. I have been vaguely imagining some kind of energy field or ability to send feelings to someone through telepathy due to a feeling of dead air between me and another person. In fear of rhythm.

you're making it out to be a lot more profound, and ethereal than it needs to be...if you have Aspergers, than you most likely have a disability, around 60% of human interaction is non-verbal..by that I don't mean psychic interaction or any other nonsense like that, I'm talking where the elbows are positioned when someone says something, which way their knees are pointing when they say something...the arch of the eyebrows, a flick of the hair..

all those things carry huge weight in a conversation between NT's..as much or more than the words they are saying...and most of it shoots right over our heads.

rather than occupying your mind with undefinable energy fields, or lacking psychic abilities..just go buy some psych textbooks concerning body language. :wink:
allstev
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:10 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby michijo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:09 am

allstev wrote:
michijo wrote:

you're making it out to be a lot more profound, and ethereal than it needs to be...if you have Aspergers, than you most likely have a disability, around 60% of human interaction is non-verbal..by that I don't mean psychic interaction or any other nonsense like that, I'm talking where the elbows are positioned when someone says something, which way their knees are pointing when they say something...the arch of the eyebrows, a flick of the hair..

all those things carry huge weight in a conversation between NT's..as much or more than the words they are saying...and most of it shoots right over our heads.

rather than occupying your mind with undefinable energy fields, or lacking psychic abilities..just go buy some psych textbooks concerning body language. :wink:

Sounds interesting and vaguely frightening to research body language. I would find interaction based on body language extremely difficult and scary. I probably look guilty all the time. Not only that, but often I am confused even by reading other people's sentences, even someone I know, I have trouble knowing if they are laughing at me, or what, so often I am sardonic. The only time I can sort of understand people is on telephones. From that I can sort of read if the person is angry, laughing, flippant, or concerned. I can barely discern any of these things in an email message.
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby zausel » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:37 am

michijo wrote:
zausel wrote:
michijo wrote:
Its in the astral plane. people communicate on the astral plane and their bodies are puppets. Only retarded people such as you and I cannot grasp this and thus must exist being smirked down on as lesser humans who are not part of the intergalactic psychic "We" phenomenon, but self centered outsiders who cannot link up to the unified-mind, because our bad auras have labeled us as outcasts. :P

not to put a needle in your bubble, but the 4th dimension is simply time. There isn't a plane to time. Unless this astral plane is an arrow flowing in one direction.

I am just rambling sardonically. There are other 4th dimensional spaces though, such as the mobius strip, which concern mirror images rolling into themselves.

when was this changed? or am i just an idiot?
This sloth doesn't understand the statement.
--Zausel, Camelidae requested.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:10 am

Postby Master_Z » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:14 am

Platypus wrote:Shift your attitude slightly. Girlfriends aren't you something you go and "get" like groceries at a supermarket. :P
To get a girlfriend is to enter a relationship. So I think you should change the question in your mind to "How can I become a boyfriend?" Then the focus is on you, and what you can do - rather than about obtaining the coveted girlfriend object. :wink:

In order to become a boyfriend, find a woman to whom you are attracted, contact her, and start taking an interest in her as a person. Learning better communication skills, particularly how to listen and how to express feelings is usually helpful. Dating is usually nerve-wracking and awkward, but it gets easier with practice. :)

Not exactly. In my communications class, we've been breaking down love, and there several different types. The one you are referring to is storge, which is basically a friendship that eventually becomes more. A lot of times, though, we go for that passionate love ("love at first sight," "soulmate") or pragma (practical love, someone who will make a good mom/dad, gets along with the kids, etc) love. Everyone is different though.
Master_Z
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 am

Postby Rascal77s » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 am

Master_Z wrote:
Not exactly. In my communications class, we've been breaking down love, and there several different types. The one you are referring to is storge, which is basically a friendship that eventually becomes more. A lot of times, though, we go for that passionate love ("love at first sight," "soulmate") or pragma (practical love, someone who will make a good mom/dad, gets along with the kids, etc) love. Everyone is different though.

Guess you haven't covered the 4th kind yet - horny
Alcoholic Anonymous wrote: i don't advice anyone to drink it got me killed 2.5 times.
Rascal77s
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Postby michijo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:25 am

zausel wrote:not to put a needle in your bubble, but the 4th dimension is simply time. There isn't a plane to time. Unless this astral plane is an arrow flowing in one direction.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Four-dimensional_space[/quote]

zausel wrote:when was this changed? or am i just an idiot?

I am not sure. the concept of the 4th dimension is very loose in many ways. In fiction like from Clive Barker, the 4th dimension is sometimes synonymous with an astral plane or superior dimension. There is an interesting book called Flatland about 2D entities versus 3D. My supposition was that whatever is going on, is in a higher dimension than I am aware of.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Flatland
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Platypus » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:11 am

Master_Z wrote:
Platypus wrote:In order to become a boyfriend, find a woman to whom you are attracted, contact her, and start taking an interest in her as a person. Learning better communication skills, particularly how to listen and how to express feelings is usually helpful. Dating is usually nerve-wracking and awkward, but it gets easier with practice. :)

True. But then I never said it was the only way to become a become a boyfriend! :P
I think the 'take an interest' route may be the easiest path for an Aspie - especially one who is shy or lacking in confidence. :)
No diagnosis, lots of opinions, and a bunch of issues that I haven't quite figured out.
Platypus
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:10 am

Postby zausel » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:05 am

michijo wrote:
zausel wrote:not to put a needle in your bubble, but the 4th dimension is simply time. There isn't a plane to time. Unless this astral plane is an arrow flowing in one direction.

zausel wrote:when was this changed? or am i just an idiot?

I am not sure. the concept of the 4th dimension is very loose in many ways. In fiction like from Clive Barker, the 4th dimension is sometimes synonymous with an astral plane or superior dimension. There is an interesting book called Flatland about 2D entities versus 3D. My supposition was that whatever is going on, is in a higher dimension than I am aware of.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Flatland[/quote]

Oh, your talking fiction....
from what i understood we live in a 4th dimensional world .3 dimensions of space(1-3rd dimension), 1 dimension of time(4th dimension).
This sloth doesn't understand the statement.
--Zausel, Camelidae requested.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post