Our partner

How to get a Girlfriend

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: How to get a Girlfriend

Postby petrossa » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 am

Good story. I agree. Don't try and be someone else since no one can keep that up for long.
There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
petrossa
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby ogr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:11 pm

I think, thats all great advise thanks guys.

I think my position is a little harder than you guys make out to be.

My position is, I spend a lot of time in hospital due to not able to walk correctly. I am having an operation on Tuesday and I wont be able to walk at all really for 9 months. Although I will still have problems after, but not sure how bad.

If I put my walking in a position from 1-10 - 1 being able to jog/walk fast 10 being in a wheelchair, I am 7-8 depending on the ground.

Due to this, I rarely go out without my mum/sisters/dad due to they know what to do if I fall and can't get up.

I walk like a "deformed duck", well thats what the doctors said. I can put my feet pointing at 6o'clock and walk, but can't point my feet at 12o'clock as I fall over.

Now, if a girl, who didn't mind me with my family, which is rare, will then has to get past the walking thats even rarer, then the AS and my sensitivity and quirks now thats just 1 in a million... No wait, make that 1 in a few million.
Diagnosed with Aspergers in 2002
Re-diagnosed with High functioning Autism in 2010.
Re-diagnosed with Medium functioning Autism in 2012.
Diagnosed with dyslexia in 2000
Diagnosed with Dysgraphia in 2000
Diagnosed with Dyspraxia in 2000
Diagnosed with Dyscalculia in 2000
ogr
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am

Postby zausel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 pm

ogr wrote:I think, thats all great advise thanks guys.

I think my position is a little harder than you guys make out to be.

My position is, I spend a lot of time in hospital due to not able to walk correctly. I am having an operation on Tuesday and I wont be able to walk at all really for 9 months. Although I will still have problems after, but not sure how bad.

If I put my walking in a position from 1-10 - 1 being able to jog/walk fast 10 being in a wheelchair, I am 7-8 depending on the ground.

Due to this, I rarely go out without my mum/sisters/dad due to they know what to do if I fall and can't get up.

I walk like a "deformed duck", well thats what the doctors said. I can put my feet pointing at 6o'clock and walk, but can't point my feet at 12o'clock as I fall over.

Now, if a girl, who didn't mind me with my family, which is rare, will then has to get past the walking thats even rarer, then the AS and my sensitivity and quirks now thats just 1 in a million... No wait, make that 1 in a few million.

Dont think its as hard as you make it out to be. Just let it happen, dont expect. Time flies by faster this way and before you know it you run into a girl who doesn't give a flying hoop that you walk like a "deformed duck". I mean look at me, im an a**hole but i still find girls. I wouldnt expect Mila Kunis to walk up to you, but youll find a girl you love, its a fact. indisputable scientific fact.
This sloth doesn't understand the statement.
--Zausel, Camelidae requested.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:21 am

Postby CantThinkOfAny » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Just let it happen, dont expect. Time flies by faster this way and before you know it you run into a girl who doesn't give a flying hoop that you walk like a "deformed duck".

Or you wait. And you wait. And you wait. And you wait. And you wait. And you wait. And you wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. And wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

And then you die.

It never happened.

It is not you. Look at the stars. Their constellations a proof that it cannot happen.

Look at the flowers and stones and books. Their every molecule a screaming evidence of the impossibility of it. :lol:

Sorry about that. Just me. I go kill myself now. Or have good night sleep and go to work tomorrow. : )

It's the weather, really,
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results."

Rita Mae Brown

A cliché, but a good one.
CantThinkOfAny
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

Postby ogr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Its just I don't have the opportunity to meet new girls - I don't even get an opportunity to meet new guys lol. I have 0 real life friends. I have 1 person who I meet up for a drink once per year, and I have known him since I was 5, I don't tell him any of my problems or what ever really is classed as a friendship.
Diagnosed with Aspergers in 2002
Re-diagnosed with High functioning Autism in 2010.
Re-diagnosed with Medium functioning Autism in 2012.
Diagnosed with dyslexia in 2000
Diagnosed with Dysgraphia in 2000
Diagnosed with Dyspraxia in 2000
Diagnosed with Dyscalculia in 2000
ogr
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby michijo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Rascal77s wrote:Ok I know I'm going to get some hate for this but here is the truth. I've found that being in good shape attracts women. Money attracts women (nice car, nice clothes, etc). And being different attracts women (if you have money). So start lifting weights and figure out how to make the money. I've had pretty good luck in the past but the 'girlfriends' just wanted sex (but then again so did I when I was younger). I guess what it really comes down to is what do you want in a girlfriend. If what you want is the above then money and fitness will help.

If companionship and long term relationship are what you want then you just need to be yourself. The only advice I can give you is that you need to not worry about rejection and just go talk to a woman if you like her. If she turns you down so what. If you are nice and respectful you will be turned down gently. If you aren't turned down gently she's a bitch and not for you anyway. Eventually you will meet someone who likes you and you take it from there. I would highly recommend that you try to meet women who have the same interests as you. Look for interest groups to join and look for women in those groups who share your specific interests. If I were interested in a relationship right now that's what I would do, god knows there are a lot of women who love animals lol

I have never met a woman who just wanted to have sex with me! I find the idea hilarious. In fact my ex girlfriend accused me of only being interested in sex, which I think is ludicrous, though in fact I have been complaining because I have not really had sex for 10 years since age 21! I dont think that qualifies me as a sex fiend, but a wanker! I am generally a romantic as well. I have always believed in fairytale princesses. Still it enrages me that I cannot find but this one girlfriend from years ago and women will not sleep with me, even though I am fairly attractive, not obese, and generally okay looking. One woman said I had a bad vibration or aura coming off me and not to touch her back even friendly. Maybe that is the key, having good vibrations coming off you. An invisible energy comes out of you! Its in the 4th dimension!
Last edited by michijo on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby zausel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 pm

michijo wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:Ok I know I'm going to get some hate for this but here is the truth. I've found that being in good shape attracts women. Money attracts women (nice car, nice clothes, etc). And being different attracts women (if you have money). So start lifting weights and figure out how to make the money. I've had pretty good luck in the past but the 'girlfriends' just wanted sex (but then again so did I when I was younger). I guess what it really comes down to is what do you want in a girlfriend. If what you want is the above then money and fitness will help.

If companionship and long term relationship are what you want then you just need to be yourself. The only advice I can give you is that you need to not worry about rejection and just go talk to a woman if you like her. If she turns you down so what. If you are nice and respectful you will be turned down gently. If you aren't turned down gently she's a bitch and not for you anyway. Eventually you will meet someone who likes you and you take it from there. I would highly recommend that you try to meet women who have the same interests as you. Look for interest groups to join and look for women in those groups who share your specific interests. If I were interested in a relationship right now that's what I would do, god knows there are a lot of women who love animals lol

I have never met a woman who just wanted to have sex with me! I find the idea hilarious. In fact my ex girlfriend accused me of only being interested in sex, which I think is ludicrous, though in fact I have been complaining because I have not really had sex for 10 years since age 21! I dont think that qualifies me as a sex fiend, but a wanker! Still it enrages me that I cannot find but this one girlfriend from years ago and women will not sleep with me, even though I am fairly attractive, not obese, and generally okay looking. One woman said I had a bad vibration or aura coming off me and not to touch her back even friendly. Maybe that is the key, having good vibrations coming off you. An invisible energy comes out of you! Its in the 4th dimension!

I dont think its to difficult to figure out why a girl likes vibrations :mrgreen: :lol:

4th dimension? you mean time?How the hell do i go through 20 years missing an energy coming out of me :|

-- Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 pm --

ogr wrote:Its just I don't have the opportunity to meet new girls - I don't even get an opportunity to meet new guys lol. I have 0 real life friends. I have 1 person who I meet up for a drink once per year, and I have known him since I was 5, I don't tell him any of my problems or what ever really is classed as a friendship.

Do ya go to school? Work prospects? hate myself for suggesting this, but church? If your family is around yo uas much as i think your saying, i think they will understand ya wanting a little free space to meet people before your incapacitated for 9 months. However crutches and a cast will draw people in. :D can always play that to your advantage.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby michijo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:13 pm

zausel wrote:
michijo wrote:

I have never met a woman who just wanted to have sex with me! I find the idea hilarious. In fact my ex girlfriend accused me of only being interested in sex, which I think is ludicrous, though in fact I have been complaining because I have not really had sex for 10 years since age 21! I dont think that qualifies me as a sex fiend, but a wanker! Still it enrages me that I cannot find but this one girlfriend from years ago and women will not sleep with me, even though I am fairly attractive, not obese, and generally okay looking. One woman said I had a bad vibration or aura coming off me and not to touch her back even friendly. Maybe that is the key, having good vibrations coming off you. An invisible energy comes out of you! Its in the 4th dimension!

I dont think its to difficult to figure out why a girl likes vibrations :mrgreen: :lol:

4th dimension? you mean time?How the hell do i go through 20 years missing an energy coming out of me :|

Its in the astral plane. people communicate on the astral plane and their bodies are puppets. Only retarded people such as you and I cannot grasp this and thus must exist being smirked down on as lesser humans who are not part of the intergalactic psychic "We" phenomenon, but self centered outsiders who cannot link up to the unified-mind, because our bad auras have labeled us as outcasts. :P
michijo
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby zausel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:16 pm

michijo wrote:
Its in the astral plane. people communicate on the astral plane and their bodies are puppets. Only retarded people such as you and I cannot grasp this and thus must exist being smirked down on as lesser humans who are not part of the intergalactic psychic "We" phenomenon, but self centered outsiders who cannot link up to the unified-mind, because our bad auras have labeled us as outcasts. :P

not to put a needle in your bubble, but the 4th dimension is simply time. There isn't a plane to time. Unless this astral plane is an arrow flowing in one direction.

Oh, so this is metaphorical? in which regard, excuse my comment.

-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby allstev » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:36 pm

the bad vibes they are picking up isn't anything astral, or meta-physical..it's your broken body language, they are expecting non-verbal responses to non-verbal cues they are giving you.
allstev
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post