Our partner

Am I rude or are they? - Your opinion from someone with AS

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Re: Am I rude or are they? - Your opinion from someone with

Postby moomin » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Tell them- 'Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but can you ask your children to stop throwing stones into my pond, please?'

Then if they go,'Meh' and don't do anything, repeat the question. If they STILL don't, then you have licence to shout at the children. Shout at the top of your voice, 'Stop.. throwing.. stones... into.. the... pond!!!!!

If the mom or brother protest at you shouting at the kids, say'Well I'm sorry but I gave you the chance to discipline your own children and you didn't'. And then leave it at that. Don't say anymore. Cheeky sods.
He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know.
moomin
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby christian223 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:52 pm

You need to learn to be more ASSERTIVE, there are entire books written about it, its the art of saying what you think without sounding like a an abusive person or being arrogant.
christian223
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:38 pm

Postby zausel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 pm

being rude is all subjective. You could tell a homesexual person hes homosexual and that individual could get offended. Another person would laugh, another person wouldnt care.(its an example, not saying anything about homosexuals).

honestly stay how you are but just say it in a nice way. "please dont drink in my car" "would you mind waiting until your out of my car to drink your water?". if someone gets offended by that, its their issue for being so sensitive.

-- Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:18 pm --

moomin wrote:Tell them- 'Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but can you ask your children to stop throwing stones into my pond, please?'

Then if they go,'Meh' and don't do anything, repeat the question. If they STILL don't, then you have licence to shout at the children. Shout at the top of your voice, 'Stop.. throwing.. stones... into.. the... pond!!!!!

If the mom or brother protest at you shouting at the kids, say'Well I'm sorry but I gave you the chance to discipline your own children and you didn't'. And then leave it at that. Don't say anymore. Cheeky sods.

^this is perfect.
This sloth doesn't understand the statement.
--Zausel, Camelidae requested.

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
-- Mark Twain
zausel
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:38 pm

Previous

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post