Our partner

Do you feel pleasure in inflicting pain unto others?

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: TDT

Postby crabtree123 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:19 am

When I'm angry at myself, it feels good to hurt people. I like how people become angry and hateful towards me. It puts up my adrenaline and gives me a high. I dunno why, but it sometimes feels "good" to feel like $#%^. It's just like the feeling I get when I'm crying my eyes out. It may feel #######5, but at the same time it feels so ######6 great, if that makes sense.

No, I don't always enjoy being mean to people. Most of the time, I like to make people feel good. Deep down inside, I'm a very kind person - almost too kind. It's strictly when I become down and angry at myself that I feel like inflicting pain towards others.

Is anyone else like this?

Please note that if I ever act irrational towards you, it'll likely be because I'm feeling #######5. To piss you off will make me feel good. It really sucks that I'm like this, but it's something I seemingly can't change.
crabtree123
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Do you feel pleasure in inflicting pain unto others?

Postby FredOak3 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:50 am

I only lash out when someone makes me angry because of something they did.
Like I lashed out at my daughter because she borrowed my digital camera and sports watch without telling me and I spent 2 hours looking for them. I just yelled and yelled about taking other peoples things without asking.
Or the guy who just laid on his horn and kept on it while I was riding my bike because he couldn't pass me right away. I just swung into the middle of my lane and flipped him the finger. He was able to pass 5 seconds later, but apparently that wasn't fast enough.

It's a P*ss me off first and feel my wrath. But you have to be guilty of something first, I don't do it just for a misery loves company kind of thing.
FredOak3
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby gumkid » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:56 am

guys, please sontrol your selfs and contain the anger and stress. Its unpridictability of our wrath that makes people thank that we are crazy and bi-polar.( maybe thats the meaning of bi-polar, to store up emotions ant release them right away). I used to sing loud in a car or go home and punch walls. these tow activities hurt no one and is great release. I also do the opposite and tell people to punch me in teh face as hard as possible in college( people just thought I was a dumb fraternity kkid) . But I think creating something with those emotions as fuel is a better way out. In the end you get something out of it.
gumkid
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 am

Postby gumkid » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:38 pm

Postby gumkid » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:28 am
They say that pain flows like a river down the stream. with out empathy, and the ability to feel the pain of others, it is natural for us to do so to ease our situations. Thus the un-empathetic child bullies the weaker children after being yelled at in class, the frustrated parent beats his/her weak child. The impoverished mugger beats the living crap out of the rich people they mug( their differences in wealth and status, I think, creates just as much un-empathetic feelings as Us and the NTs) I think these are situations that we can sympathize with.

They say that every man is an island, but beneath the depth of the ocean, every island is connected to the earth. We have to find our similarities to fine empathy, which , BTW according to Aldous Huxley, is the only real human virtue, understanding and empathy.
gumkid
Consumer 4
Consumer 4

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 am

Postby 290384 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Chair wrote:Do you feel pleasure in inflicting pain unto others?

When I'm angry at myself, it feels good to hurt people. I like how people become angry and hateful towards me. It puts up my adrenaline and gives me a high. I dunno why, but it sometimes feels "good" to feel like $#%^. It's just like the feeling I get when I'm crying my eyes out. It may feel #######5, but at the same time it feels so ######6 great, if that makes sense.

No, I don't always enjoy being mean to people. Most of the time, I like to make people feel good. Deep down inside, I'm a very kind person - almost too kind. It's strictly when I become down and angry at myself that I feel like inflicting pain towards others.

Is anyone else like this?

Please note that if I ever act irrational towards you, it'll likely be because I'm feeling #######5. To piss you off will make me feel good. It really sucks that I'm like this, but it's something I seemingly can't change.

Sadly, yes. I totally understand this, but have never admitted it before. These days, however, I feel guilty afterwards. I didn't used to, though. I must be evolving!
What uniform can I wear to hide my heavy heart?

It is too heavy. It will always show.
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Postby 13243546 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 pm

No I don't, but if someone has hurt me verbally, they got it coming.. unfortunately I have hurt people before and it did feel good (revenge can be sweet, at the moment). I'm not too much like that any more thankfully I have enough bad karma.
Last edited by 13243546 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Postby honey189 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:01 am

I am ashamed to admit I do feel that way,I have never been able to channelise my anger. If I cannot bash back right away at the person that hurt me I take it someplace else. Recently I have come to hate what I have become. I have come to see a pattern in it, to me it always happens more around this time of the year from apr-may. it escalates in sept-oct .how much ever I am aware of it it doesnt make me stop it.I also find I have to stop eating at this point... somehow starving myself is a punishment I inflict upon me.
honey189
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:58 am

Postby Elaraith » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:45 pm

The only time I ever lashed out my anger physically is in the 7th grade, some guy threw a snowball at someone, he dodged it, and it landed right in my face. I got so pissed that I chased him across the entire field. I was so ready to hurt him, thankfully he outran me (he was in good shape, I was not so much). To answer your question, I never actually hurt anyone that badly, and if I did, never got any pleasure from it.
Elaraith
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby mepoohe » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:17 am

I can relate to the original post. Sounds so ugly written out. I call it "my horns coming out". Gotta push the horns back down.
mepoohe
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby Kostmayer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:21 pm

I don't ever intentionally hurt other people, but I do feel good when other people -- even people I care about -- are upset or sad. I'm not sure if I feel superior when others get overly emotional, or if maybe I like the idea that people are letting down their facade in front me, asking me for consolation, wanting advice, etc....but it's disturbing. It's just that, sometimes, people can seem so damned self-absorbed, and I wish I could allow them to see themselves through another perspective for a bit.
Kostmayer
Consumer 1
Consumer 1

Local time: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Next

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post