Our partner

raw food diet ...

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

raw food diet ...

Postby shock_the_monkey » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 am

just a quick note to mention that i'm trying a new diet in an attempt to improve both my mental and physical health. i've only been on it for about a month now, so i can't claim i've seen an enormous improvement just yet, but i do think i'm a bit less prone to depression. a few days ago, i even caught myself smiling for no apparent reason, which is really out of character for me. however, the most significant difference is that i now need about 2 hours less sleep each night and actually wake up feeling more refreshed than i did when i went to sleep. previously, it always took me a long time to get to sleep and i always felt more tied in the morning. anyway, for those that might be interested, check out 'the live food factor' by susan schenck.
something knocked me out' the trees
now i'm on my knees
... don't you know you're gonna shock the monkey

there is one thing you must be sure of
i can't take any more

don't like it but i guess i'm learning

... shock the monkey to life
shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:41 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: raw food diet ...

Postby Chucky » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 pm

Thanks dude. While the actual physical effect this change in diet is having on you might be minimal, such things can usually have a great mental effect. For example, I think that homeopathy is a 'fad' if you look at it from a physical ppint of view. However, it's all about the MENTAL point of view, and those who take homeopathy often feel calmer as such.

Kevin
psychforums.com rules:
http://www.psychforums.com/forum-rules.php

Please send me a private message if you need help with anything.
Chucky
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Postby UK-SW » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:27 pm

shock_the_monkey wrote:just a quick note to mention that i'm trying a new diet in an attempt to improve both my mental and physical health. i've only been on it for about a month now, so i can't claim i've seen an enormous improvement just yet, but i do think i'm a bit less prone to depression. a few days ago, i even caught myself smiling for no apparent reason, which is really out of character for me. however, the most significant difference is that i now need about 2 hours less sleep each night and actually wake up feeling more refreshed than i did when i went to sleep. previously, it always took me a long time to get to sleep and i always felt more tied in the morning. anyway, for those that might be interested, check out 'the live food factor' by susan schenck.

Can you tell me what it says on page 321 RE; "Can I drink alcohol?"
Can you also tell me how, on page 27, it explains that this diet can cure cancer?
UK-SW
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Kit » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Have you read it UK?
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are nice is like expecting a bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian."
Kit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby UK-SW » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:20 am

Kit wrote:Have you read it UK?

No, however the questions it answers are widely publicised, but you need to buy the book if you want the answers. I asked about the alcohol issue as all of the things the OP described in their first post are all symptoms of giving up, or reducing, alcohol intake and nothing to do with diet. I asked about the cure for cancer (diabetes is also mentioned) as anything that claims to cure cancer is merely a fraud. Not only a fraud, but a fraud preying on people who are desperate for any kind of hope when medical science has given them none. It's beyond fraud, it's completely despicable. It shows the kind of thing the OP is suggesting we all buy into.

Now before anyone says (including the OP), I don't have to read the book to know it never says the diet cures cancer...because if they did say that it would be against the law. What they do instead is trot out "testimonials" from people who say that since going on this diet their cancer (and diabetes etc) has gone. Everyone is very careful to never explicitly *claim* the diet cured the cancer (as that would be illegal) but the inference they want you to take is obviously there.

I'm all for healthy eating and healthy living, but anything that claims to cure cancer is just a lie.

End of story.
UK-SW
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Kit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 am

Fair enough.
"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are nice is like expecting a bull not to charge at you because you are a vegetarian."
Kit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby shock_the_monkey » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:42 am

i don't and never have drunk alcohol in any significant quantity (at most a glass or two of wine at easter and christmas). and i don't have cancer per se. though arguably everyone has cancer as the body is constantly removing cancerous cells. so, cancer can never be completely cured, but it is possible to improve one's health whereby the balance of cancer cells being created is less than those being destroyed, whereby the cancer goes into remission (a nice medical term that describes a state whereby the illness appears to disappear but is not claimed to have been cured!!!). in point of fact, someone i knew well had a certain kind of cancer. they did have surgery for it but they also radically increased the amount of fresh food they ate. had they not done the latter the cancer would undoubtedly have returned, as cancer is an effect not a cause. the cause is being over-fed and under-nurished. but those people that are so cynical that they think they know all the answers will never look for new ones. so, i fully appreciate that many, if not most, people simply won't get it. however, some might. and those are the people that interest me, not the cynics.
now i'm on my knees

i can't take any more

shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby Kit » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:08 am

shock_the_monkey wrote: but it is possible to improve one's health whereby the balance of cancer cells being created is less than those being destroyed, whereby the cancer goes into remission (a nice medical term that describes a state whereby the illness appears to disappear but is not claimed to have been cured!!!).

Sorry but that's just shocking.
Kit
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby UK-SW » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:14 am

shock_the_monkey wrote:someone i knew well had a certain kind of cancer. they did have surgery for it but they also radically increased the amount of fresh food they ate. had they not done the latter the cancer would undoubtedly have returned

I remember when I was on a train about to eat a banana for the first time. The moment I bit into the banana we entered a tunnel and I was plunged into darkness and couldn't see. No-one warned me that bananas caused temporary blindness and I haven't eaten one since.
UK-SW
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Postby shock_the_monkey » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:16 am

Kit wrote:
shock_the_monkey wrote: but it is possible to improve one's health whereby the balance of cancer cells being created is less than those being destroyed, whereby the cancer goes into remission (a nice medical term that describes a state whereby the illness appears to disappear but is not claimed to have been cured!!!).

Sorry but that's just shocking.

then i will leave you to feel free to be shocked.
now i'm on my knees

i can't take any more

shock_the_monkey
Consumer 6
Consumer 6