Our partner

Types of Aspergers

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Moderator: TDT

Types of Aspergers

Postby bigbob112 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 am

I was wondering if it was possible to request a new category for forum postings here on psychforums. Aspergers syndrome is still listed in the juvenile disorders section, which is fine, but there also seem to be a lot of adults who claim they have the same symptoms as well.

I have noticed that around about every week or so, someone new askes "do i have aspergers" I believe it would be more helpfull if there were two categories - one for parents and people under 20 years old, and another for more mature queries. Another issue I wanted to bring up is the fact that most of the remainder of society has little understanding of aspergers syndrome. Maybe it would help to have other categories for the high level sufferes and the low level sufferers that get through society in a different way.
bigbob112
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Types of Aspergers

Postby UK-SW » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't think the forum is busy enough to warrant dividing it up.
UK-SW
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Re: Types of Aspergers

Postby Quasar » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:20 pm

Often time medical terms can be misleading, and I believe this is the case with this. I don't think "Childhood" or "Juvenile disorder" means that it only affects kids. I think it means that these conditions are supposed to de diagnosed in childhood, but as we know, this is not always the case.
Quasar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:26 am

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post