Our partner

Difference between ADHD, Asperger's syndrome and Indigos?

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Difference between ADHD, Asperger's syndrome and Indigos?

Postby anasthasia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:24 pm

I would like to know more about so called Indigo children and what is the difference between them and children with ADHD or Asperger's.

Which symptoms are the same and which are total opposites, which symptoms do overlap and how do you differentiate between them.

Thanks.
anasthasia
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:09 am
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Re: Difference between ADHD, Asperger's syndrome and Indigos?

Postby UK-SW » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:46 pm

There is no such thing as an "Indigo" child. It's just a nonsense term thrown around by pushy parents. There is no scientific definition of what it is, it is not an official or recognised condition.
UK-SW
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:09 am

Postby Nadir27 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:08 pm

The simplist difference is that ADHD and Asperger's Syndrome are disorders that can be diagnosed by psychs and indigo children is not a disorder. From what I've read about the subject lately, "indigo children" is a term used by new age groups. To me it seems that "indigo children" is a way of explaining and using ADHD and AS for their own 'believe system', though I could be wrong there. I think any Asperger would fit in with what the new age movement is calling "indigo children", except for the ADHD part.

Like UK-SW said "indigo children" is not a condition, you can't get a diagnosis for that, because it's is part of some kind of believe.
Nadir27
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:09 am

Postby Mandia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:54 pm

Well, it's my understanding that "Indigo Children" don't exist. I may very well have my information wrong, but that's my understanding. I think the biggest difference, if you want to look at characteristics between ADHD/Asperger's and Indigo Children is empathy. Indigo Children supposedly have a very high level of empathy, whereas ADHD/Aspergers' kids usually lack empathy. Also, Indigo Children supposedly always have a high IQ, and not everyone with ADHD/Asperger's is above average in intelligence.
Mandia
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 am

Postby Quasar » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Wait a minute... I watched a show about Indigo kids... I can explain this part...

An Indigo child, is a child who supposedly has hyper-sensitivity to the environment around them, and are able to sense and interact with things that is otherwise none existant to normal people. They almost always have a group of "angels" or other spirits in which they interact with on a regular basis. Basically, they're psychic. Many of them believe that they even chose their parents at birth.... but... I think its all a load of codfish...

As for the difference between ADHD and AS... since I have both, I'm probably not the best to say...
Quasar
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Postby bigbob112 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Maybe some parts of the Indigo prophile are real. some people do have a higher level of empathy with others and a certain creative spark that most lack. The rest of it is a load of bull, no such thing as telepathy or being the next stage of human evolution has ever been proven.
bigbob112
Consumer 5
Consumer 5

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:09 am

Postby vickivicki » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Well, Bigbob, I think it is entirely possible that people who are AS, along with many others who are creatively wired,may be part of a new evolution. I was recently reading "the Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome", by Tony Attwood, and he mentioned the fact that , in general, aspies, have more symetrical features than NTs.[if anyone needs me too, i'll flip through the book and find the exact reference] As you know, in nature,the more symetrical, the closer to perfection.Therefore, in my opinion, it would certainly make sense that if a group, as a whole, were beecoming more symetrically featured, they could very easily be in the process of evolution.
BTW, I also believe there are very likely to be indigo children[plus star children, crystal children, etc.]
vickivicki
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:09 am

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post