Our partner

Uncontrollable laughter

Asperger's Syndrome message board, open discussion, and online support group.

Uncontrollable laughter

Postby fiddle_sticks » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:49 pm

I don't know if it's just me, but I was wondering if any of you have fits of laughter when you find something hilarious. I will still be laughing about something over an hour after it has passed. A guy at my work today said he thought in the AC/DC song, "Dirty Deeds", that the singer was saying, "Dirty deeds, Thunder Chief!" I could not contain myself. I'm still laughing about it. It can actually be quite embarrassing though. Does this happen to anyone else?
fiddle_sticks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Local time: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:38 pm
Blog: View Blog (0)

ADVERTISEMENT

Postby Mithotyn » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:57 pm

"Does this happen to anyone else?"

No, you're a freak. It would be advisable not to act to strange around these norms, they might psychiatrize you and then you'll wind up a stigmatized nonmember of society forced to take neuroleptic drugs.

Now imagine the robot from "lost in space" shouting "Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!"
Mithotyn
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Local time: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:38 am

Postby Paulsmith777 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:40 pm

sometimes i go into fits of laughter for no reason
Paulsmith777
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby fiddle_sticks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:10 am

Mithotyn wrote:"Does this happen to anyone else?"

No, you're a freak. It would be advisable not to act to strange around these norms, they might psychiatrize you and then you'll wind up a stigmatized nonmember of society forced to take neuroleptic drugs.

Now imagine the robot from "lost in space" shouting "Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!"

Been there, done that. Uncontrollable laughter is the least of my worries.
fiddle_sticks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Mithotyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:31 am

fiddle_sticks wrote:
Mithotyn wrote:"Does this happen to anyone else?"

Been there, done that. Uncontrollable laughter is the least of my worries.

Yeah, what's worse is when you're panicking under stress from a situation and/or social anxiety and begin talking to yourself out loud to try and get your mind out of it. That's where ya end up shot in the ass with prolixin. Don't quote me on this but I'm not sure if they even need any sort of authorization for it anymore, either. I got shot in the ass with a neuroleptic by a paramedic while cuffed when I was 17 when I got called on for making people nervous at a amusement park. (I could tell it was either Haldol or Prolixin having been on both as a child and the fact it lasted two weeks.)

EDIT: But they told me and put it on the report that it was benadryl.
Last edited by Mithotyn on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mithotyn
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby fiddle_sticks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:36 am

No $#%^? Yeah, unfortunately, talking to myself out loud is a problem as well. It's the worst when you're doing it and you don't even realize it. Needless to say, I have gotten some strange looks, but I have never been shot in the ass with prolixin. I have always wondered what that medication does to you though. Isn't it for treatment of schizophrenia?
fiddle_sticks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby Mithotyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:43 am

Schizophrenia is a unscientific stigma term for basically anybody that's "psychotic" and is bothering people or under too much emotional distress to manage. It's just a label for wiping away civil liberties so compulsory "treatment" can ensue before too many normal peoples lives get disrupted, and also as a political tool to pass laws and a marketing tool to support psychiatry and sell drugs.

"It's the worst when you're doing it and you don't even realize it."

This is psychosis.

As for the neuroleptics.

http://www.larsmartensson.com/should.htm

And schizophrenia

http://www.yoism.org/?q=node/120 (There's more information and a debate in the comments there, too... I'm however shocked at that one guys lack of logic, he keeps running in circles collecting information whilst calling himself a "truth seeker" when the information he's collecting has already been logically proven to not possibly be able to be true. It's as though he figures once he has read all of everybody's "opinion" truth will then just be a decision. This is called a product of a government school system that trains and conditions a person to remain a confused information collector due to a lack of logic or any critical thinking skills. See if you can spot the guy I'm talking about.)
Mithotyn
Consumer 3
Consumer 3

Postby fiddle_sticks » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:01 am

Interesting stuff. Bookmarked.
fiddle_sticks
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Laughing Uncontrollably

Postby JESUSluvsME » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 pm

I do this once in a while. :)
I like being random. Random is me.
Anonymous
JESUSluvsME
Consumer 0
Consumer 0

Postby hsieh » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:47 pm

yes this has happened to me in public and it's embarrassing because people don't know understand.
yes, we can change - obama 2008
hsieh
Consumer 6
Consumer 6

Local time: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Next

Return to Asperger's Syndrome Forum

• Related articles
    Replies
    Views
    Last post